Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Last time I share any news. I was highly offended by that diatribe from loki. He's a pig.

One sentence does not qualify as a diatribe.  I will accept your compliment of being a clean, intelligent and sociable animal however.  You are forgiven for your minor indiscretion.

Guest Howaythetoon

Taylor is a decent enough Premier League CB of mid-table quality which is about where we are as a club unfortunately. I would rather we didn't have to rely on players like him, but that's the situation we are in.

He's a better CB than Williamson and is more suited to this division than MYB in terms of physicality, but Williamson and Colo are a better partnership than the Argie and Taylor, while MYB is the better footballer. Conundrums all-round.

Especially when you factor in that we have a fuckwit in charge which doesn't help, nor that we have a tight bastard of an owner. So we are in a way stuck with Taylor and his ilk basically.

The hate he gets is well OTT mind, well OTT. Of course the fist pumping, chest out hero histrionics can boil the piss, especially when its often on the back of us being shite, but he is a Geordie playing for his home town team. Me, in his situation? I'd be even more ridiculous in showing my passion.

By all accounts, he's a sound lad, a bit tim nice but dim, but he's an honest lad who doesn't give it the billy big bollocks. He is the least of our concerns.

He should be 3rd or 4th choice at all times. The fact he is often second choice or a first-teamer when fit etc. is probably why many simply have this hate for him. Its like the Shola syndrome. We know he's shite and shouldn't be starting but he does, whose fucking fault is that?!

Taylor is a really bad defender. He cannot play alongside any of our current centre backs! He doesn't work in any combination.

Willamson - Colo works, and Williamson - MYM works too. That's it.

Nah he's shit, I don't care if he's more physically able than Williamson when he has the positional sense of a blind, drugged up rat.

With that said though, I agree with the Shola comparison. It is indeed not his fault that he's still one player away from starting and he can't live up to the expectations of being a starter.

It's true that like with Shola it's not his fault he's put into a position where he can't live up to what's expected of him because he isn't capable.

He is not a mid table PL quality defender.

He's not better than Williamson.

He definitely should not be 3rd choice CB for us. 4th is the very highest he should be.

He is shite, but gives it the big one as if he is something other than shite.

He has no redeeming features whatsoever. The only thing he had going for him was athleticism for a CB, and I can't say I've seen much of that for a long time.

Nah he's shit, I don't care if he's more physically able than Williamson when he has the positional sense of a blind, drugged up rat.

With that said though, I agree with the Shola comparison. It is indeed not his fault that he's still one player away from starting and he can't live up to the expectations of being a starter.

It's true that like with Shola it's not his fault he's put into a position where he can't live up to what's expected of him because he isn't capable.

If Shola gave it the superman treatment every game, he'd be a lot more hated than he is. Shola is humble & understated. Steven Taylor is not that.

I don't blame Saylor for starting games by any means, but I'm not going to pretend he isnt shit/a twat.

Nah he's s***, I don't care if he's more physically able than Williamson when he has the positional sense of a blind, drugged up rat.

If Shola gave it the superman treatment every game, he'd be a lot more hated than he is. Shola is humble & understated. Steven Taylor is not that.

I don't blame Saylor for starting games by any means, but I'm not going to pretend he isnt s***/a t***.

Agree with that. :thup: