Accrington Stanley 2 - 3 Newcastle Utd - 25/08/10 - post match reaction from p20

Dave

Guest Geordiesned

Looking at their goal again, yes Ranger should have done better but Kadar's header was very weak. As the central defender facing the right way he should have been the one clearing his lines.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

So eager to take the young 'uns off. Give them another 10-20mins at least, then make a change. Much prefer to make a change up front before making a change in the middle. As soon as the defence win the ball they're hoofing it up field, so its going to be hard for Vuckic and Donaldson to get into the game.

Looking at their goal again, yes Ranger should have done better but Kadar's header was very weak. As the central defender facing the right way he should have been the one clearing his lines.

Yeah should of but most of the time thats never going in.  Shit happens

Is it me or has Lua Lua filled out a bit? Looks much stronger than when I last saw him. (which is a long while tbf) Think Donaldson has been poor but there's nothing to worry about. When they start to tire we should win comfortably imo.

Guest sicko2ndbest

He guided down for ranger tbh wasn't a clearing header

Fantastic banner gesture by the Accrington fans like. Nice little club, nothing like the smaller clubs we've played in the past, ala Stevenage Borough.  :clap:

Hope we dont send on any of the players that'll be starting on Saturday. Im really not bothered about this competition and would rather have them fit for Wolves.

Other than his air kick for the goal, Ranger has been impressive like. Tavernier has looked our best player.

Ranger has been our best player, but farming him out on the wing is a disgrace. He should be up front in a 4-3-3 or 4-4-2.

We know what Lovenkrands and Shola will do up front, they're both around 30 and completely s****.

Commentator said we've transfer listed Steven Taylor, Danny Williamson and Danny Gosling (erm, when and how?) ???

He really said "Danny Williamson"?  :lol:

Fuck knows, I could have sworn that's what he said. I'm lost though really, didn't even know about Steven Taylor being transfer listed until just now. I think maybe he was talking about Danny Simpson. Long day.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Was very impressed with Tavernier in pre-season and he's been good today. Bit underwhelmed by Vuckic so far. Shane Ferguson looks very nervous to me.

Its his debut, at left back (a position he's only been playing in on and off for the last 12 months). He's a great little winger, was running the show alongside Inman and Vuckic last year in the youth/reserve team.

Ranger has been our best player, but farming him out on the wing is a disgrace. He should be up front in a 4-3-3 or 4-4-2.

We know what Lovenkrands and Shola will do up front, they're both around 30 and completely s****.

Shola was shite at 20

Even against a team like this Lovenkrands can't get more involved in the play by coming short every now and then. Way too anonymous.

Loven is a poor man's Owen, and Owen is shite.

agreed, he doesnt get involved enough and can't run with the ball as he's not got the strength or poise. basically just a poacher with good movement at this stage of his career.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Tavernier + Ranger are the positives so far (Despite the clearance from Nile). Shola has been woeful as usual.

It's pretty amazing how bad Shola can look even against these amateurs..Didn't see Vuckic that much taking part to the play but Ferguson, Ranger and LuaLua looked decent. Ranger is wasted on the wing as he can't get past his marker and should be put up front in place of Ameobi.

Stunning goals indeed!