Wolves v Newcastle United (3 on the bounce for me, maybe)

Ishmael

Wolves v Newcastle

Newcastle's 6-0 win against Aston Villa was absolutely amazing, I have no idea where that came from. It was a great way to mark their first home game since returning to the top flight. I know they've played only one game but already you'd back the Magpies to take more points at home than the likes of Wigan, West Brom and Blackpool.

But this week they face Wolves and it is clear that Mick McCarthy's men are starting to look like a Premier League team, which is the highest compliment for a club looking to establish themselves in the top tier. They dug in last week at Everton, riding their luck in the first half before coming from behind to take a point. They're a good side at home and I think they'll edge it.

Prediction: 2-1

Nothing in their i would disagree with

Aye, he's pretty much stating the obvious though.

I think coming off the back off the Villa result and an immense performance from Carroll, we should be looking to go and get a point from Wolves at least.

We've got every chance of getting a couple of goals.

Depends on how we approach the game imo.

If we go there, full of confidence, going for a win, we can get it. But if we go there, thinking they're stronger than we are and looking for a clean sheet only, we'll lose.

Honestly don't think we'll pick up that many points on the road.

If anything, I'm hoping the old habits from last season of grinding out draws and 1-0 wins even when playing poorly may die hard. They were irritating as fuck last year, but if we can carry that on this season then it'll be very useful indeed.

In an ideal world we'll stay unbeaten for the next 8 games. I seriously think we can get a draw against Everton and with much luck also against Man City (if they have a very bad day).

The other games will be against shit sides or at home or both.

Guest firetotheworks

Wolves v Newcastle

Newcastle's 6-0 win against Aston Villa was absolutely amazing, I have no idea where that came from. It was a great way to mark their first home game since returning to the top flight. I know they've played only one game but already you'd back the Magpies to take more points at home than the likes of Wigan, West Brom and Blackpool.

But this week they face Wolves and it is clear that Mick McCarthy's men are starting to look like a Premier League team, which is the highest compliment for a club looking to establish themselves in the top tier. They dug in last week at Everton, riding their luck in the first half before coming from behind to take a point. They're a good side at home and I think they'll edge it.

Prediction: 2-1

Nothing in their i would disagree with

Aye, he's pretty much stating the obvious though.

Yeah, what a dick.

Can't see us getting much from this.

Wolves 2 - Newcastle 1

A very likely outcome...we do not travel well, and they are full of confidence. We have a poor record at Molyneaux too. Will be surprised if we get anything here.

I think Wolves will finish with 40 something points this season. They WILL drop points at home so theres no reason why our lot cant get something here, especially after a 6-0 win. Just like pretty much every game this season (bar a few home games), id be happy with a draw here, but we really should be trying to win this.

Apparently they were dreadful against Everton.  I'm confident that we can take a point.

It was really our own fault we didn't win that, we should have been out of sight, and they scored with their only chance. What I will say though is they "dug in" (for lack of a better term) so in that respect, they did well.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I think we'll lose by a narrow margin. Would be very happy with a draw.

A draw would be a good result.

I'm gonna try to be optimistic again ahead of this like I was with Villa

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

A draw and a win against Blackpool while getting Tiote & HBA through the doors would be a great start to the season.

:thup: It would indeed

We've got a bad track record at Molyneaux, saying that, I think we'll win this time.

2003/04 Drew 1-1 Shearer

2002/03 Lost 2-3 Jenas, Shearer (pen) (FAC)

2002/03 Won 2-0 LuaLua 2 (FR)

1992/93 Lost 0-1 No scorer

1991/92 Lost 2-6 Quinn, G.Peacock

1990/91 Lost 1-2 Clark

1989/90 Won 1-0 Scott

1982/83 Drew 2-2 Varadi, McDonald

1978/79 Lost 0-1 No scorer (FAC)

1977/78 Lost 0-1 No scorer

1975/76 Lost 0-5 No scorer

1974/75 Lost 2-4 Tudor 2

1973/74 Lost 0-1 No scorer

1972/73 Drew 1-1 Hibbitt