Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

His hold up play was fairly good but anything after that was just rubbish.

He can stop the ball when someone lumps it up to him but straight after that he just loses control and gives it straight back, he also looked uninterested.

Funnily enough, despite he's complete lack of ability to threaten the opposition goal, i thought he did fairly well holding the ball up.

He did. The problem is when we get the ball in dangerous areas he doesn't get into goal scoring positions so there's no one on the end of some really inviting passes/crosses.  I thought we worked the ball into some great positions today but we needed a striker who can spot the space and you'll never get that from Ameobi no matter how hard he works according to Pardew.

His hold up play was good when he actually got the ball. The problem was how many balls flew up to him that he didn't recieve. As much a complaint about the likes of Krul hitting and hoping as well as a slight on Shola's aerial ability, or will to actually fight for stuff, whatever you want to call it.

it actually is embarrassing having him at the club. honestly rather have lovenkrands, least we can't play long ball then and he works harder

Funnily enough, despite he's complete lack of ability to threaten the opposition goal, i thought he did fairly well holding the ball up.

Agree. At no point looked even remotely like scoring which is a big problem - though I doubt his inclusion/retention had anything to do with that. Usual overkill on his performance as per.

He did hold the ball up well on a couple of occasions, but from an attacking point of view he was pretty damn garbage.

I agree he did well on about 4 or 5 occasions. and when i say "well" i mean he did the very basic tasks a pro footballer at any level should be able to do in controlling the ball and making a very simple pass to someone wearing the same shirt colours as him. apart from these startling moments of class he was dire.

Highlight had to be near the end when he was looking to get on the end of a chance but someone headed it away, and he still fell over for no reason.

Slowly, too. It's the equivalent of Undertaker walking on the ropes. Probably as slow too!

Amazing how he keeps getting a game for us. Get a new striker in FFS. We've been needing one for years.

Yup. There hasn't been a word invented to describe how poor he is at times.