Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

He played in the Premier League for 14 years, at the same club, where he often started and was a 1 in 5 goalscorer and a 1 in 17 assister :lol: :lol: :lol:

How was that ever allowed to continue happening ffs!? He should have been thrown out over a decade ago.

:lol: You could understand if he was the type that harried/out muscled  defenders, held the ball up, and could spot a pass, but Shola has spent the majority of that time walking around with a grin on his face, being the slowest player on the pitch, and controlling the football 1 time out of 5. He has been hopelessly ineffective for a decade and a half!

And then you got to see him playing for Nigeria. Poetic in a way

Absolutely no need for this man  :lol:

Shola must be a charismatic guy, I'll give him that. People always want to do him a favour it seems.

I don't get some of the hate directed at him now he's left the club and some of those Palace fans are probably justified slagging us off for it. For all I was pleased when he finally moved on from us I still respect the years of his career he spent here. I don't think there's been a player that frustrated me more than Shola but I was just looking at all of his goal compilation someone linked the other day and there was some good moments in his time here. In fact I was at his debut when Dennis Wise was trying to kick him all over the pitch and Shola was having none of it. There was a time when he was going to be the next big thing from the academy and given his injury problems and general shitness he just didn't kick on to that upper Premier League level.

If it wasn't for him joining Pardew I'd have hoped he did well but I won't be happy until that charlatan is found out for his woeful management up here. I still think given the length of his career here and the commitment he showed to the club deserves some level of respect.

I don't get some of the hate directed at him now he's left the club and some of those Palace fans are probably justified slagging us off for it. For all I was pleased when he finally moved on from us I still respect the years of his career he spent here. I don't think there's been a player that frustrated me more than Shola but I was just looking at all of his goal compilation someone linked the other day and there was some good moments in his time here. In fact I was at his debut when Dennis Wise was trying to kick him all over the pitch and Shola was having none of it. There was a time when he was going to be the next big thing from the academy and given his injury problems and general shitness he just didn't kick on to that upper Premier League level.

If it wasn't for him joining Pardew I'd have hoped he did well but I won't be happy until that charlatan is found out for his woeful management up here. I still think given the length of his career here and the commitment he showed to the club deserves some level of respect.

Easy to watch a compilation and get a feeling of fondness for someone like Shola, until you then think back to the 100 moments of incompetency and rank laziness he brought to us for every one of those good moments.  Shola showed a commitment to rob a living here and piss everyone off in doing so 99% of the time.  Had he left after the Championship season or our first season back in the Premier League I'd probably feel different about him despite the majority of his time here being pretty painful.

But instead he stuck around for as long as he could to be Pardews little bum boy and loved it so much he's now back to having his tongue stuck right up the fuckers arse again.  Spouting shit about how he got the best out of everyone here when we were finishing 16th or in 10th the season after.. with Ben Arfa, Marveaux, Yanga-Mbiwa ect on the bench so Williamson, Gosling and Shola himself could get a game.

I don't actually hate him, I'd bet most Newcastle fans don't actually hate him either.  I just don't have much fondness at all for him, certainly not enough to forget the torment of the years he spent here or to lie about how grateful I am that he's never coming back.

Easy to watch a compilation and get a feeling of fondness for someone like Shola, until you then think back to the 100 moments of incompetency and rank laziness he brought to us for every one of those good moments.  Shola showed a commitment to rob a living here and p*ss everyone off in doing so 99% of the time.  Had he left after the Championship season or our first season back in the Premier League I'd probably feel different about him despite the majority of his time here being pretty painful.

But instead he stuck around for as long as he could to be Pardews little bum boy and loved it so much he's now back to having his tongue stuck right up the f***ers arse again.  Spouting s*** about how he got the best out of everyone here when we were finishing 16th with Ben Arfa, Marveaux, Yanga-Mbiwa ect on the bench so Williamson, and Gosling and Shola himself could get a game.

I don't actually hate him, I'd bet most Newcastle fans don't actually hate him either.  I just don't have much fondness at all for him, certainly not enough to forget the torment of the years he spent here or to lie about how grateful I am that he's never coming back.

Agree with this. I'm also sick of us making cult heroes out of rubbish players. Terrible 'banter' and really winds me up :rant:

Ameobi was always popular at Newcastle, mainly because he was a good bloke and "club-man" behind the scenes, and a steady player when called upon. I think that post is just expressing frustration that we've picked up Ameobi on a free.

:lol:

It's been a running joke in football for years and years how bad Shola is. Assume them Palace fans have been living on the moon.

They're just a nothing club who wouldn't know what quality was if it bit them on the arse.

Guest firetotheworks

There's not been a manager up here who hasn't anything but good words for Shola. We all know his faults but good for him, hope he takes as much money out of them as possible.

Aye, because he's obviously a nice bloke. He's probably got by on that for years.

Guest John Carvery

There's not been a manager up here who hasn't anything but good words for Shola. We all know his faults but good for him, hope he takes as much money out of them as possible.

We've also had a lot of cuntish managers.

Only a couple really, pards and souness. gullit wasn't great either tbf.

Kinnear, Dalglish, Allardyce, even Roeder had his moments.

Guest John Carvery

Kinnear, Dalglish, Allardyce, even Roeder had his moments.

Didn't count kinnear as a manager, he didn't really manage.