Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

Thick as pig s****, balance so bad he's on his arse with every shoulder-to-shoulder.

I can't think of a worse candidate for CB. Dennis Wise would do a far better job there.

Thought you were describing Williamson then.

I can't fathom a world in which this is a good signing for Palace.  Ameobi is in no way better than any striker they have, or any championship striker they could buy for peanuts.  He can't even run after about ten minutes.  I remember him going to Stoke on loan in the championship and them rejecting him.  That was 2008 and I thought we didn't have to watch him again then, but he kept coming back.  He's hardly a better player seven years later.

This is the hilarious thing about it, that this is what Palace fans have to look forward to.  He'll play Ameobi instead of say Chamakh, because Ameobi is a bit taller and in a few months their fans will be tearing their hair out over it.

It's going to be deliciously hilarious when everything settles to the normal Pardew level, even if it's nailed on for Ameobi to score the winner against us in a cruel twist of fate.

He's there to be a positive influence in the dressing room. I'm certain.

This

Wasn't he the one who grabbed HBA when he went for Pardew after Man Utd allegedly?!

Not this again. He didn't go for Pardew. He was mouthing off and Shola grabbed him and marched him out. Pardew's chief boot licker in the dressing room. Pardew even insisted he be in there when injured.

Guest John Carvery

I'd rather Smallpox came back.

:lol: :lol:

I always get smallpox mixed up with chicken pox.

One is much tastier.

• 2 weeks later...