Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

He's not an excellent penalty taker, he's just less s*** at it. Imagine if he missed a pen in the Spurs game. His very last straw.

Not a brilliant penalty taker? He's one of the best around imo.

That doesn't sound correct.

How's he not a brillant penalty taker? He's never missed one in a competitive game. The one against the mackems was the perfect pen.

I meant the "he's one of the best around" part. I just think it's a shit excuse to his overall play, which is embarrassing at best.

Guest kingdawson

Fantastic news.

Will Michael Dawson be fit? He's always good for gifting us a few points whenever we play yous.

Nah he's out.

Can't remember a keeper ever getting anywhere near an Ameobi penalty.

It's been said over the years that he's dynamite in training, I reckon it's just that nobody's ever noticed that all he does is take pens for hours then goes home.

The thing with Shola is he has some technical ability, and shows it about once every seven games. Loven just lucks into goals (ie has a good positional sense)

How is good positional sense luck? It's a big part of any strikers' game surely.

I think there's some games where you can maybe get something from strikers like Shola or Lovenkrands, mostly against poor quality opposition like say Blackburn or Sunderland. Against a team like Spurs though you just feel there is more chance of goals from the likes of Ben Arfa or Ba.

The thing with Shola is he has some technical ability, and shows it about once every seven games. Loven just lucks into goals (ie has a good positional sense)

How is good positional sense luck? It's a big part of any strikers' game surely.

It's not necessarily luck, I just don't appreciate players who are known for a good positional sense, but nothing else.

He's not an excellent penalty taker, he's just less s*** at it. Imagine if he missed a pen in the Spurs game. His very last straw.

Not a brilliant penalty taker? He's one of the best around imo.

Has he ever missed a penalty?