Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

There was one point where someone played him a hospital pass, Shola used his size and did really well to keep possession, then somehow and I still can't work out how, he created a good 5 yards space between him and the defender in one movement and came away with the ball.

It was amazing, took about 7 minutes in total for that one move to come off but absolutely breath taking it was.

That's wor Shola.

Guest neesy111

So we're playing him - our striker - because we need someone to mark their striker at corners and free-kicks?

:facepalm:

I'm sure that's not the only reason, we're looking to press them from the front - which explains the 4-4-2. He's due a goal.

Your blind faith in Shola = :facepalm:

Can I assume that, while he's an absolute horror show of a Premier League footballer, the main gripe people have with him is seeing him stroll around the pitch, not even chasing down a loose ball - a ball he probably lost?

Guest neesy111

Can I assume that, while he's an absolute horror show of a Premier League footballer, the main gripe people have with him is seeing him stroll around the pitch, not even chasing down a loose ball - a ball he probably lost?

Main gripe is that he doesn't look like a footballer most of the time.  Offers no movement and times when a ball could be won he just fucking gives up.

i can forgive that if you have quality. what's worse is when a pass is played to him and he can't even be arsed to meet the ball and a player behind him nips in for an interception. happened when Jonas passed to him when in the box. then again on the ball a few seconds later he gave it away cheaply due to poor control, laziness, shitness etc.