Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

We can all finally make our peace with him if he remains limited to these appearances.

Only getting more minutes against Sunderland. Did really well today.

Guest schmuck

Loving his sub performances. Really really growing on me. Excellent player to bring in last 15-20min. If we are desperate to score his height will help us win balls upfront, if we are up he is excellent at holding the ball up. He just cant do it for 90 minutes. 15-20mins a game is fine for him.

Ever since we finally gave up on the notion of him starting a football match ever again he's been consistently excellent when coming on for that last period. The touch, the power, the skillz... Sholazo  :smitten:

He looks about 3 times bigger than any other player on the pitch.

He's like the daddy of the team these days for me, I imagine all the players look up to him like that :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Seems to have mastered the cameo role off the bench.  Actually pleased to see him for the last 20-30 minutes of games these days.  Fair play to the big man.

I laughed hard at the Bolton defender trying to out-muscle Shola only to fly-off at a tangent with limbs flailing.  Like players do when they come into contact with a goalkeeper with the new FIFA match engine :lol:

Anyway, outstanding assist from the big man.  Props.

Shola becoming a cult hero. Some how this lad with limited talented will be remember fondly by us. My little boy will be asking for the folk stories of supa Shola. Shola's number must be retired after retirement.

Too far ??? :-)

Shola becoming a cult hero. Some how this lad with limited talented will be remember fondly by us. My little boy will be asking for the folk stories of supa Shola. Shola's number must be retired after retirement.

Too far ??? :-)

Sammy can take his squad number

Superb play for our 2nd. Always said he's a decent player that has been largely ruined by injuries. However, he has re-invented himself this season as someone who calms things down and can chip in with the odd goal/assist. Really likeable bloke and fair play to him.

Said to the bloke next to me 'I reckon Shola Time will be soon' and within 90 seconds he's getting ready on the touchline and the fourth official is up with the board. It was a really well-timed substitution and Shola did really well.

His massive size and strength that has really built-up year over year, and probably at most this past season has actually helped him even use his body even more to give him a little more room and time on the ball, its only now afforded him more time on the ball to hold up play, excellent turn of fortune I guess.

I'm happy with him in this role for as long as he can do it tbh.

Loved Cisse's big smile and props to Shola for the assist too, had me in stitches.