Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

Aside from the fact that Shola is a pretty shite footballer, he's the fucking man, you can't not like him anymore :lol:

I actually really like Shola in last reasons role of 20/30 minute beast who despite being the slowest moving footballer ever seen his 4 minute stepover still beats his man every time. Plus if we win a penalty while he is on the pitch we may as well just let the opposition kick off without the shame of letting their keeper inevitably fail to keep the Shola off the scoresheet.

You can tell he is the Godfather around Newcastle.

I don't think we have a player that i love more than Shola and i mean that. I love them all but it's something about Shola that i just adore.

Doesn't have the mileage to start games anymore, but he was fantastic last season coming off the bench and changing the game or helping hold on to a lead.

Also i think he's footballing skills while not of the level of some people in the squad are a bit underrated IMO as long as he's kept to 20-30 minute spells.

I don't think we have a player that i love more than Shola and i mean that. I love them all but it's something about Shola that i just adore.

Doesn't have the mileage to start games anymore, but he was fantastic last season coming off the bench and changing the game or helping hold on to a lead.

Also i think he's footballing skills while not of the level of some people in the squad are a bit underrated IMO as long as he's kept to 20-30 minute spells.

Likewise. I get genuinely irate when people have a go at him nowadays. He's basically reinvented himself as a target man and a good one at that, although his hand has been forced by his troublesome hip.

He always looks a LOT bigger than anyone else on the pitch these days. I remember years back when Sol Campbell was playing for Arsenal and him saying Shola was one of the toughest forwards to defend against in the league. He has bulked up even more than that now. Despite not being the most gifted player, what he has along with his size I bet defenders really don't like seeing him come on.

Guest bimpy474

He always looks a LOT bigger than anyone else on the pitch these days. I remember years back when Sol Campbell was playing for Arsenal and him saying Shola was one of the toughest forwards to defend against in the league. He has bulked up even more than that now. Despite not being the most gifted player, what he has along with his size I bet defenders really don't like seeing him come on.

I think i was at that game, we lost 0-1 at home and Shola was brilliant.

So happy for the lad that he seems to have become a kind of cult figure if you like as some of the abuse he has had from our so-called supporters over the years at times was pretty disgraceful.

Aside from the fact that Shola is a pretty shite footballer, he's the fucking man, you can't not like him anymore :lol:

I actually really like Shola in last reasons role of 20/30 minute beast who despite being the slowest moving footballer ever seen his 4 minute stepover still beats his man every time. Plus if we win a penalty while he is on the pitch we may as well just let the opposition kick off without the shame of letting their keeper inevitably fail to keep the Shola off the scoresheet.

You can tell he is the Godfather around Newcastle.

Yeah I agree with this too. He was pretty useful coming off the bench last season especially when we were killing the game off. He is a fairly talented player, he's just not had a career that's reflected that.

So happy for the lad that he seems to have become a kind of cult figure if you like as some of the abuse he has had from our so-called supporters over the years at times was pretty disgraceful.

I'm sure it will happen again next season when he starts a couple of games and has one of his shite games.

he's had some real highlights in his career mind - great goals in derby matches, that goal in the nou camp, the one  against chelsea, leverkusen, taking the piss out of dennis wise, just off the top of my head. would kill for memories like that playing for you home team.

some of the abuse he has had from our so-called supporters over the years at times was pretty disgraceful.

Let's not reinvent history. He has been, at most, average for most of his time here. He should really have been sold a long time ago.

Guest BooBoo

:clap:

I love Shola, but it's very much a love/hate relationship. He is a cult figure and am more than happy for him to come on to bully defenders for the last 20, however, if he is starting games I fear I will hate him again. People quickly forget the string of games he had in January. He was the main man for a month and was abysmal.

he won me over for good during the promotion season...that was when i realised he must;

a) manage us

b) have a statue made of him

also, how many people would you genuinely think turn up if he had a testimonial?

he won me over for good during the promotion season...that was when i realised he must;

a) manage us

b) have a statue made of him

also, how many people would you genuinely think turn up if he had a testimonial?

I'd fly from the states to attend that game.