Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

Alan Pardew quotes reported by the BBC, Dec 24th:

"Shola (Ameobi) won't be going (to the African Cup of Nations). The national team manager knows the reasons, which I am keeping to myself."

Shola Ameobi quotes reported by the BBC, Dec 8th:

"Every professional player loves to play at major tournaments and I'm no different. You can call me a late bloomer at international level but I'm grateful to God for this big opportunity.

"The African Cup of Nations is what the European Championship is to others - so it will be a dream come true to represent my motherland.

"This is a big chance and I know this is the closest for me. Hopefully, I can live that dream when and if selected.

"I need to earn it because the are several players out there equally deserving of that chance to represent a country like Nigeria. There's always that healthy rivalry to fight for a place - you just need to keep giving your best and hope to stay fit and healthy.

"The club is still in Europe and Nigeria is preparing for a big tournament. It's a big honour to be considered by both."

The obvious interpretation of that Pardew quote is that he cannot afford to be without a striker, because he's resigned to losing one during January - and we don't mean Nile Ranger...

I wish Pardew would just stop talking. I beginning to wonder if his ego is even bigger than the slobs is at WHAM.

I was about to say this in another thread, I get that he wants to be more 'open' with the fans but every day it's just excuse after excuse of why this hasn't worked or why that hasn't worked. It might help if he had a look at himself and the style of play he's implementing on the team.

Yeah he should stop doing pre and post match press conferences ignore the media in every single way, not answer a single question at all ever.

Or he could use his mouth to speak instead of his arse. Radical, I know.

Yeah he should stop doing pre and post match press conferences ignore the media in every single way, not answer a single question at all ever.

Or he could use his mouth to speak instead of his arse. Radical, I know.

But somebody asked Dave, it's inevitable. :lol:

Nobody is suggesting that, I think people are just sick of him massaging his ego at any cost.

:lol: SOMEBODY ASKED!

Not seen the press conference then?

Want him to stop talking but when he says he is keeping the reasons to himself thats an issue.

Guest bimpy474

I dont mean answering questions at a presser, i mean the random shite he comes out with.

Put it this way.....Alan do you expect to lose anyone this window............Alan says-hopefully not........<--------------now this would be my preference.

But this what we get..........."we are under pressure because of sovereign states like Man Utd, Chelsea blah blah blah.......they pay much better wages........blah blah blah.........Mike and Derek are wonderful........blah blah blah."

Do you see what i mean. Now do that to things like tactics, buying players, and just about everything else and you can now understand that he just loves his own voice and being the centre of attention. Sick to fucking death of him.

Want him to stop talking but when he says he is keeping the reasons to himself thats an issue.

It's a bad answer, I don't care if somebody asked.

It's a bad answer.

How ? unless you know what the reasons are yourself how is it a bad answer

It's a bad answer.

The answer invites speculation, not to mention the fact it sounds incredibly strange.

It's a bad answer.

The answer invites speculation, not to mention the fact it sounds incredibly strange.

:lol:

Not sure he can do right for doing wrong tbh.