Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

By who?  Not being funny, just asking a genuine question about strikers available free or on the cheap.

As Dave said the other day, other than Cisse/Xisco, Ashley has never spent more than a million or so on a striker.

By who?  Not being funny, just asking a genuine question about strikers available free or on the cheap.

As Dave said the other day, other than Cisse/Xisco, Ashley has never spent more than a million or so on a striker.

http://www.whufc.com/javaImages/70/b5/0,,12562~12301680,00.jpg

think his point is that we could pick up someone on a free, or get someone coming into the last year of their contract for cheap like gouffran who would be automatically be batter than shola by default no?

Where's he from?!

Nah I was making a valid point I thought - we only seem to sign players that fit very specific criteria these days (available for below market value, rated by Carr, fairly technical, French/Dutch).  We won't be signing Shefqi Kuqi.

We got lucky with the likes of Gouffran being available in Jan 13 and I'm sure I read that this summer wasn't much cop for free transfers.

you did, and do

i think we'll be looking at players about to enter the last year of contract considering the lack of ooc players, besides it's not like we've actually signed any out of contract players in the past is it?  we've looked to exploit contracts coming up to expire, probs do that again

isn't siem de jong out of contract?

On paper Bafétimbi Gomis would be an idea replacement. He would be relatively cheap as he would not cost a transfer fee. Agents fees, signing on fees and wages would be the cost but NUFC would have had to pay that when they were willing to pay a transfer fee for him last Summer. The removal of the transfer fee must make the deal cheaper, even if the signing on fee and wages are increased. His wages would be offset partly by paying him what NUFC have been paying Shola.

There has been talk of Gomis going to Inter Milan but he still hasn't signed an agreement with any club as far as we know.

Complaining in the papers today he wants more game time. Does the cheeky b****** not understand he is woefully out of his depth and s**** beyond belief or perhaps he just doesn't care?

I think the guy may actually have mental problems.

Someone should tell the guy that if he wants playing time he should ask his agent to make contact with league one clubs, where he won't look out of place doing dumb stuff for 90 mins.

• 3 weeks later...