Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

Can't believe the stick this club legend gets on here.  Last game he scored more goals than the rest of the team put together.  If we had 11 Shola's we would have (theoretically) won comfortably 11-2.  Clearly deserves more game time and a new 5 year contract.

“There's a lot going on at the moment, and things are pretty tense. We have to make sure we don't let this season fizzle out"

Fizzle out? :lol:  We've lost 12 of the last 17 (?), scored 3 goals at home this year and are competing with Stoke and Crystal Palace for 9th or 10th place.  It's dead already.

I think it's dead certain he will get a new one year deal. No way will we be able to bring in suffcient replacements for Remy and De Jong.

There's no reason why we wouldn't be able. We stand to post a bumper profit, taking our cumulative profit for the past 4 years close to 100m. We won't however, by choice, which is entirely different.

Guest Roger Kint

I think it's dead certain he will get a new one year deal. No way will we be able to bring in suffcient replacements for Remy and De Jong.

There's no reason why we wouldn't be able. We stand to post a bumper profit, taking our cumulative profit for the past 4 years close to 100m. We won't however, by choice, which is entirely different.

:thup: this

Guest firetotheworks

I say without even the slightest hint of hysteria. If he's kept on in any capacity, there's not really any point anymore like. We're supporting an idea that only remains in our heads.

:thup: this

Shouldn't have put "be able to" in that sentence. You are of course 100% correct Unbelieveable.

I don't know if I have the strength to carry on if this guy remains here after this season :(

Me either. It sounds trivial but it's a big fuck you to us fans from the board if it happens. Get rid of all the talented players and keep the shit who won't question the club's lack of ambition or speak out against a terrible manager.

I still don't think Shola will get a new playing contract. If NUFC do give him a new contract I don't know why they didn't just sign Carlton Cole last Summer as a slightly younger version (Cole has score 5 Premiership goals this season). Giving Shola a new contract does not tie in with Mike Ashley wanting NUFC to finish above the relegation places. NUFC will definitely be relegated if we are relying on Shola in any way next season. Try and sign Gomis. Pay his wages from the savings made on Shola and De Jong's wages.

One of the reasons/excuses given for keeping Shola is his dressing room leadership. Why don't NUFC scout new commanding players with leadership abilities?

I think it's dead certain he will get a new one year deal. No way will we be able to bring in sufficient replacements for Remy and De Jong.

De Jong wouldn't be difficult to replace.

Imagine selling Cabaye, Ben Arfa and Debuchy and keeping this nugget ffs.  Sissoko and Anita next out with a new contract for Gosling.

The problem is that I'm afraid we won't have to imagine it. It feels inevitable. :anguish: