Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

No. Way.

If he gets a new contract that will epitomise everything that is wrong with the club currently.

This.

Fwiw, I'm still believing this is for coaching and if it is a player/coach role, it would be aimed at him being 4th/5th place striker.

If not, then this reality is indeed hell.

As a bloke he is hard to fault and played when injured on several occasions. Kudos for that. Great penalty taker and former mackem slayer too. Those times are over and it is time to part ways. A semi-crippled glacially slow carthorse is not what we need or not what we needed for the past few years.

He has done himself no favours by criticising the lack of investment. Mike "please don't call me names or I'll cry" Ashley has a history for retribution in these cases. Unless (hopefully) Shola knows he is off and is now free to say what he wants.

If Shola is 3rd choice or better, we will be looking at relegation next season.

this

3rd we might just be alright, but any higher than that and we're fucked.

Basically he needs to be shown the door and some actual strikers brought in.

Guest firetotheworks

I say without even the slightest hint of hysteria. If he's kept on in any capacity, there's not really any point anymore like. We're supporting an idea that only remains in our heads.

this needs more love

:aww:

It's weird Shola criticising the lack of investment in the team, as if we had strengthened properly, he wouldn't get a look in.

We could have Zlatan & Aguero upfront & Shola would still be making 80th minute sub appearances.