Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

Still got my Sombrero up in the loft. Can't believe we managed to go the whole day without knowing it had been postponed until we got to the ground only to find nobody else was there. That's what drinking does for you.

:lol: We were in the ground before we found out as well, were wondering why it was so empty. Had to immediately race back into town to change flights so we could stay for the next night.

Guest neesy111

Thought Robson treated Lua Lua very badly in the latter of his time here, we rightly got bitten in the arse with his loan to Portsmouth.

Thought Robson treated Lua Lua very badly in the latter of his time here, we rightly got bitten in the arse with his loan to Portsmouth.

Sure it was over his celebrations, Bobby asked him to stop it in case he injured himself, Lua Lua decided to ignore that advice.

As much as we all love Bobby, he had some weird grudges and hangups such as Solano playing the trumpet.  :lol:

Guest neesy111

It wasn't even over the backflips, it was to do with a reserve game he was playing in, robson got the hump because of his attitude in that game.

With Nobby it was to do with him reversing his decision to retire from International football.

Solano should never have been put in the situation where he was made to consider his international career tbf. Bet he never told Romario or Ronaldo that he wasn't happy that they went to Brazil.

Peru didn't have a cat's chance in hell of qualifying, I think SBR said. I see his point in a way. If Nobby told him he was retiring from international football and SBR made decisions on the basis of that, Solano reneging on that isn't right.

On Solano Bobby actually said we gave Nobby a new contract on the basis he would cut down on international football by not playing in their many friendlies. He agreed then carried on playing in them anyway.

I've just finished reading Bobby's autobiography, he says about Nobby that he "was a smashing boy and I liked him very much".

Bobby loved Nobby, but at that time you can't be agreeing to that in your contract and then reverse it.

A former international manager shouldn't have been asking any player not to play for his country, Bobby was wrong to do so.

He was only asking a guaranteed starter in competitive games not to play in all friendlies because he was at an age where he couldn't play on a Wednesday for Peru and arrive back on a Friday night then play for us on a Saturday. Not unreasonable. He agreed to do it remember.

He was only asking a guaranteed starter in competitive games not to play in all friendlies because he was at an age where he couldn't play on a Wednesday for Peru and arrive back on a Friday night then play for us on a Saturday. Not unreasonable. He agreed to do it remember.

I'm sure Nobby retired from international football after falling out with the manager and then changed his mind which he's entitled to do.

• 1 month later...

Forced to leave Bolton as they can't offer him a new deal in the current financial siutation they're in.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35343240?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_match_of_the_day&ns_source=facebook&ns_linkname=sport

A return to solve our striker problems? After all, Mitro needs to learn from the best, and who better than Barcelona's conqueror? Although some French prick has nicked his shirt.

Guest hobshobs

Forced to leave Bolton as they can't offer him a new deal in the current financial siutation they're in.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35343240?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_match_of_the_day&ns_source=facebook&ns_linkname=sport

A return to solve our striker problems? After all, Mitro needs to learn from the best, and who better than Barcelona's conqueror? Although some French prick has nicked his shirt.

Shola back in Toon. If ever I needed another reason to jack in my season ticket :)