Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

He was canny I thought, stopped that cunt Shaun Custis in his tracks when he was trying to pour scorn on our revival under Rafa and you could clearly see the difference between a genuine Geordie and a mackem in disguise.

He was canny I thought, stopped that cunt Shaun Custis in his tracks when he was trying to pour scorn on our revival under Rafa and you could clearly see the difference between a genuine Geordie and a mackem in disguise.

Wished I seen that, fucking despise Custis the absolute cunt

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-stay-up-its-essential-10962035

Newcastle have to stay up - it's 'essential' for the city and the fans, believes Shola Ameobi

08:30, 29 Feb 2016

By Chris Waugh

Newcastle United are languishing in the Premier League's bottom three, but ex-striker Shola Ameobi has backed them to beat the drop

<snip>

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aleksandar-mitrovic-can-success-newcastle-10962053

Aleksandar Mitrovic can be a success at Newcastle if given time, says Ameobi - here's why

07:30, 29 Feb 2016

By Chris Waugh

Newcastle United signed Aleksandar Mitrovic for £13million last summer, but the Serbian has been inconsistent on Tyneside so far

<snip>

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/shola-ameobi-adam-armstrong-can-10962003

Shola Ameobi: Adam Armstrong can be a 'top player' for Newcastle United

05:30, 29 Feb 2016

By Chris Waugh

Former Newcastle United striker Shola Ameobi has tipped Adam Armstrong to be a 'huge asset' for the Magpies going forward

<snip>

Three stories from one interview is quite a feat. Half the sports section derived from a half-hour session at the pub!!!

• 1 month later...

Fleetwood Town have released 14 players, including former Newcastle striker Shola Ameobi.

The 34-year-old, who started the season with Championship side Bolton, scored once in 10 appearances for the League One club.

Shola has a dodgy hip, doesn't he? Might explain his fitness issues.

Always thought he got a lot of unfair stick, when his only crimes were being a local lad and having consistency problems. Far worse players in terms of commitment got free passes - Colo, Wjinaldum, etc in recent times?

Shola's a decent lad by all accounts and I wish him well for the future. :thup:

Guest reefatoon

Always thought he got a lot of unfair stick, when his only crimes were being a local lad and having consistency problems. Far worse players in terms of commitment got free passes - Colo, Wjinaldum, etc in recent times?

Imitating a footballer for so long was a pretty big crime too.

Guest reefatoon

Have no idea what you are going on about mentioning local lad? What does that have to do with him being absolute garbage?

Or are you giving him more benefit of the doubt because he is a local lad.

no matter where he is from, he was fucking abysmal.

Nice one!

I don't see many getting free passes tbh. Especially Colo, Gini and to a lesser extent Sissoko.