Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Shola love-in, whether it's joking or not does my head in. People forget he was fucking shite man. :lol:

He played for us in far better teams and beat Joselu's current goals tally 3 out of 13 times, at an average of 3.5 Premier League goals a season.

Exactly, does my nut in.

Injuries.

If Souness hadn’t fucked his leg up he would have achieved so much more.

Ah yes, who can forget the time of Shola on the wing with a ruined hip? I nearly did until you mentioned this.

Guest Howaythetoon

Shola had talent and ability at 21-23, but Shearer was in his way, inept managers and then debilitating injuries. He has since said he would get several injections juts to train and then he could barely train and would need injections to play. Souness can be thanked for that. That and the club’s cheap ass way of trying to rehabilitate injured players and our inept doctors and medical staff. The Shola that broke through if played regularly in say a Sir Bobby side or even a Rafa side now, fit, would be an asset. Anyway he’s a lovely bloke and a bit of a cult hero. There have been hundreds of worse players for us in the last 20-30 years or so, much worse.

Guest Howaythetoon

He had more pace than Shearer post injury 97 and although he was very skinny early on, he did bulk up, much to the detriment of his game I thought. That debut against Chelsea he looked a very good prospect. Mind I thought Lua Lua did too. Another stunted by having Big Al ahead of him among other things. Unless you’re an exceptional talent especially in the striker department it’s extra tough to make it, especially at a big club or a demanding club. I remember Sir Bobby asked if Shola could be Shearer’s replacement and he said he was too nice and needed to become more aggressive and nastier. I look at Rashford or even Martial for example who I rate very highly, at Man Utd they will always be bit part players because they can spend 80m plus on a Lakaku or bring in a Sanchez. Those two would be dynamite at a club like ours. If we stay up and get taken over I wouldn’t mind looking at either as a loan option or a big money buy. Never going to happen alas :lol:

The Shola love-in, whether it's joking or not does my head in. People forget he was fucking shite man. :lol:

He played for us in far better teams and beat Joselu's current goals tally 3 out of 13 times, at an average of 3.5 Premier League goals a season.

Exactly :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

He was s*** because he was playing on injections, barely trained and had fuckwits sticking him on the wing or up front as some kind of work horse, the younger Shola had talent and although he obviously didn’t make the most of it, there are a lot of factors behind that. KK had it right mind...

Oh and my prediction, he will be our manager one day or work with the academy and be very successful. I personally like the bloke and everyone I know who knows him or has worked with him says he’s a great guy.

Mackem slayer so... all is forgiven!