Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

Shola put his body on the line for the club, but for a certain section of the support - it was never good enough (due to him being a local lad) He had real talent, but was mis-used Souness onwards.

Boo-boys who have a go at local lads are all a shower of cunts, IMO.

Shola put his body on the line for the club, but for a certain section of the support - it was never good enough (due to him being a local lad) He had real talent, but was mis-used Souness onwards.

Boo-boys who have a go at local lads are all a shower of cunts, IMO.

Can we have a go at local lads that in the massive majority are absolute chod?

Shola, Sammy, Dummett, Ramage, Taylor and Colback were/are absolute shite wherever they came from.

The likes of Clark and Carroll will get support because they were decent players. If you’re shite, you’re shite whether you’re from Walker or Wembley.

Don't know what's so obvious about it, like. Shola was definitely a better finisher, for one thing, and could probably hold people off the ball better. Which one is better is debatable, but the fact they're comparable is kinda the point imo. Neither were anywhere near good enough to be main strikers for us in the PL.

No way, Shola’s first three seasons for us were far better than Mitro’s.

He scored 7 in 63 man. :lol:

I know a fair few would have been from the bench but he had the benefit of having Bellamy, Shearer, Robert, Solano, Dyer, Speed, even an experienced head in Kevin Gallacher when he first broke into the side due to Shearer & Cort being injured.

Guest Howaythetoon

Cort was another who I thought had huge talent and looked a beast on his debut. Injuries, too much money too young and being called Shola every day in training did it for him!

I've just googled Carl Cort as I have no idea what he's been up to since retiring (still don't), two observations:

1. He fucking looks like Rolando Aarons (is that why Aarons get's injured a lot...?).

2. He's also the half-brother of Loftus-Cheek.

I absolutely love this "He's only not liked because he's local" crap  :lol:

On the contrary, the only supporters these type of players have is the one's who think being from the area means something special. They also stay well past when they should. Ameobi got far too many contract extensions when he should have been moved on. It was the same with Colback. Got his drum banged by the fans because he "loved the club".

Guest firetotheworks

Aye, Mitrovic is obviously more talented than Shola ever was, as much as I love the guy.

Jesus Christ, man. [emoji38]

Give owa man  :lol: Cannit have a good word said about Mitrovic without popping up yee.

Course you can. I just never thought I'd be in a position where I'd think someone saying that a player is obviously more talented than Shola is absolutely ridiculous. But here I am, thinking it's ridiculous. :lol:

Shola put his body on the line for the club.

This. His willingness to play through injury for the sake of the club meant that he was never able to fulfil his true potential.

Even then, he was better than most will give him credit for, but that's another story.

Guest firetotheworks

This. His willingness to play through injury for the sake of the club meant that he was never able to fulfil his true potential.

Even then, he was better than most will give him credit for, but that's another story.

Shola's best form for us by an absolute mile was at the end of the 05/06 season under Roeder when he was playing through injury, so I'm not sure about the theory that injuries held him back.

:lol: was he fuck. He was largely shite with a purple patch (1 in 2 over about 12 games) every four years or so.

Aye. For about 15 years one of the most common phrases in the stands was, "Ahhhh Shola, man" or similar.

Used to love the occasional moments where I (and everyone around me) would have been slating Shola all match only to have him score and then trot out the old "always rated him like".