Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

Didn't he used to suck up to Pardew as well, which is why he always got so many games and minutes from that silly cretin.

This is who Shola is man. A guy of pretty suspect character.

Guest Howaythetoon

I’m going to give him the benefit of the doubt and noticed when they asked him about the problems, they played their graphics music over him, trying to drown him out in case he was critical of Ashley?

Do people give him more time because he's local? He was a completely shite player and we used to all be fuming when he was named on the team sheet. I know he's got a sort of cult status but he was hardly a legend or anything.

Guest Howaythetoon

Sorry but Shola was a shit player that we just got used to. Bit like a bad smell that hangs around long enough you get used to it. People only like him due to the Mackem goals and it was funny to have him as a hero.

As shit as he could be for us which was more often than not, I couldn’t find anything to hate him for because he tried his best, played through injury and it waisn’t as if he picked himself. I blamed Pardew et al.

I’ll look back fondly at the admittedly rare good times he did something he was paid to do and will also retrospectively look back and wonder what if about him as he was talented, he had ability, especially when he was younger.

Shola would have been better off leaving and being the main man at some other club and forging a career where his stats would have looked better because a lot of his appearances here were as a sub, when he was younger.

It was kind of hard for him to break into the team with Shearer ahead of him and us trying to compete in the top 4 which makes it a huge risk to give a young striker the kind of game time they need to emerge and learn their trade and just as tough on an inidvidal when fans are used to the club signing top strikers for big money.

I always thought he should have been loaned out. The Shola who broke into the first team scene back then, today would probably get an England cap or cost 20m.

He’s a good lad though and will suffer later in life having, under the instructions of Souness and Pardew, taken so many injections so he could stand about for them like a lump scoring the odd goal against the Mackems.

Noticeably it was KK who took one look of him and thought nah, not for me. He knew as we all did.

He once said unless you are one of the best players in the world, if you cant train, you can’t play.

Souness and Pardew played him because he was a big lump, never questioned them and would happily try and be the nuisance factor they wanted up front, which their whole training was built around ad their idea of what a payer would be.

Hatem, not there...

Hatem, get rid...

Hatem, get back...

Hatem, get off...

Hatem, your on the bench...

Hatem, your not coming on...

Hatem, you can fuck off...

Pardew robbed us of a player who could have become another hero, icon or legend, a player who at times was the most talented and excited player I’ve seen for us.

Shola was robbed of a better career by just being happy to play for Newcastle and by men who picked him because they didn’t have a clue and thought he was some kind of answer, so much they told him to stick needles into body so that for 90 minutes he wouldn’t feel any pain.

We fucking did though watching him.

God I hate Souness and Pardew.

Shola, I kind of like in a he is unoffensve type way. He can fuck off if he keeps up the sit he spouted today about Ashley though.

Guest firetotheworks

But he rides a bike while eating an apple! How am I supposed to show people that I have an off-the-wall, interesting personality if I can't love him ironically?

But he rides a bike while eating an apple! How am I supposed to show people that I have an off-the-wall, interesting personality if I can't love him ironically?

Easy! Only drink craft beers, and when not drinking them only talk about craft beers and how you think the hint of mango and ball sweat really brings out the texture of the hops.

Don't really want to have a go at someone like Shola, his standards reflect his quality as a player which wasn't that high. If we had top class ex-players like Ginola on the panel he'd be demanding a lot more. Shola is just grateful to have made a living from the game for so long, that too at a club which should never have entertained him beyond one season.

Of course he should be grateful. Not sure that is an excuse for his comments though. If anything, he should be blasting Ashley, not spout support. Imagine being lucky enough to stay with a huge club being a bang average player, but then give public support to the man behind the trouble in the same club. He might just be very thick, but fuck him.

I accepted him as a utterly shit player years and years ago but I always suspected he was probably a canny enough bloke so didn't genuinely hate him as a person. He can get fucked more like, anyone who wants the best for the club simply has to come out in complete opposition to Ashley and this regime. Defending the cunt for millions and millions to hear man, fucking prick.