Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

Slagging off Harper ffs :lol:

He's a clown always has been.

Don't remember him doing too much clowning when he rightly displaced Shay Given in the starting Xl.

To be fair, Given was still young for a keeper at the time and still learning so at that time, was probably similar to Krul. When he got his place back though, after the initial dodgy start of the 2001-2 season (Zenden goal, Troyes 4-4) he never looked back and turned into one of the very best. I don't think Harper had the ability to make such a progression and stayed your typical middle of the range keeper.

there's only a year or so between them. given's improvement only really came along when he got a long run at no.1, who's to say harper wouldn't have aswell given the same run at that time.....and they were both better then than krul is now.

Shola is thinking of leaving. Words he used were, "looking for a fresh start". Obviously been told hes surplus to requirements.

Taking my season ticket back.

The compilations of him on YT are funny mainly because of his overall s***ness.

''It's difficult when your second touch is a tackle''  :lol:

Shola is thinking of leaving. Words he used were, "looking for a fresh start". Obviously been told hes surplus to requirements.

Source?

dad spoke to him last week.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Geordiesned

You have to be fucking shitting me!!!

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-united/2011/07/10/new-deal-talks-stall-but-shola-is-keen-to-sign-on-79310-29025761/

Jul 10 2011 by Mark Douglas, Sunday Sun

SHOLA AMEOBI admits talks over a new contract have stalled – but he would love to sign a new long-term deal at St James’ Park.

The Newcastle striker is in the final year of his current three-year deal, and admits that he is unsure where he stands at the moment.

The Toon have a slew of high-profile stars entering the final year of their contracts, including Joey Barton and Jose Enrique, and Ameobi’s situation has not been as widely publicised as that star duo.

He will battle on this season in an effort to prove his worth and is still hoping to get something sorted soon.

“I want to get it sorted out, but obviously the two parties have to meet somewhere and that hasn’t been the case yet,” he told the Sunday Sun.

“As a player, you want to feel secure. You want to know what’s going to happen for the next few years but I don’t at the moment.

“It’s something I’m trying to get sorted but at the moment I’ve got one year left.

“A year can go very quickly and things change, as we have seen.”

:lol:

Now I would not be arsed IF we sold Shola BUT I have no faith at all that he will be replaced.

This fkn club is doing my head in with the contract shit, what is it with the new deals that the players do not like

We could probably offer him a contract where he pays the club to stay. Would probably agree to it.

Just throw in a bonus for goals against Sunderland for good measure.