Deadline day approaching: Anything else the cherry on the cake?

The Prophet

So far we have done very well. Assuming no one leaves then I would only really want a forward to complete things off. Keane on loan would be great. I'd also like to think Taylor would sign a contract soon, and did Carrol ever sign his?

Guest malandro

So far we have done very well. Assuming no one leaves then I would only really want a forward to complete things off. Keane on loan would be great. I'd also like to think Taylor would sign a contract soon, and did Carrol ever sign his?

It looks like we’ve done OK but with Arfa and Tiote being unproven in the PL it’s too early to say. You never know how foreign players are going to adapt to the pace and power.   

according to the mirror he has but its been kept underwraps while an agent row is sorted over who gets paid the agent fee

An experienced utility defender who can play left back would be very useful.  We're in trouble in Jose gets injured (as he periodically does)

Such as?

Edit- Perch is Hughton's cover for LB-

Not sure I'm no scout.  Someone in the Jlloyd Samuel mould

What noise does this window make when it 'slams shut'? ;)

I'd like a right back in the same mould as Jose Enrique. Good outlay, you g, promising, long contract, here to stay.

That's what Simpson and Perch are meant to be. Not a chance we'll sign another IMO.

Any club's fans outside of the top 6 would probably be content if they had brought in the players we have in the window IMO: in particular the two midfielders. The fact that we've managed to bring in the players we have with so little expenditure is an added bonus.

What noise does this window make when it 'slams shut'? ;)

I'd like a right back in the same mould as Jose Enrique. Good outlay, you g, promising, long contract, here to stay.

That's what Simpson and Perch are meant to be. Not a chance we'll sign another IMO.

Thus forum is so hard to use on an iPhone.

Anyway, both those are stop gaps, I want a player we know is gonna be good enough for the next 7-8 years and can build a defence around, like Jose.

to be honest i'm ecstatic just as it is. we can afford to let smith go though, as we're stocked well in midfield. maybe let vuckic and ranger go on loan, especially if a striker does arrive. and obviously saylor would need to be replaced if needs be.

great work  :thup:

I think the transfer window more slides shut than slams shut.  You wouldn't want to break it after all.

No it'd have to slam shut. If it was closing slowly, there would be no way anyone could sign a player like Nolan with only a few minutes left.

If Carroll gets injured we are stuck with Shola as it stands, so a striker would be nice...

Exactly - that is why i would really like to see Keane arrive. We could struggle badly for goals without Carroll.

In what way were you expecting it to be any better?

...and aye he usually takes the heat when it goes tits up, think he deserves a bit of credit on this occasion.

you're just operating from the reduced expectations viewpoint, doesn't mean that the investment we've made (given the income from the PL) can be considered fantastic in any way... adequate i'd agree with

what involvement has llamblias had in any of this?  do you know, 'cause i don't but i'm guessing nowt

The expectations have been reduced for a fucking reason, we're now a newly promoted side who have been in financial problems for years.  If you expected a club in our position to do much better this window then I hope your next day trip out of the padded room is a pleasant one.

Ashley and his employees have fucked up big time in the past, but so far this window (and in January) they've done a great job.