Transfer Window slams shut; makes huge f*ck off slamming sound

Guest BooBoo

Can someone summarise with the key comings and goings from today, please?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8876126.stm

Craig Dawson [Rochdale - West Brom] Undisclosed

Craig Dawson [West Brom - Rochdale] Loan

Erm. What the f***?

They've signed him and then loaned him back.

No shit Sherlock. I'd worked that one out myself. :doh:

However, the purchasing from and then loaning back to the same club struck me as being a bit irregular...

Can't believe Wenger didn't sign a keeper  :facepalm: for such a fantastic manager he really just doesn't seem to want to challenge anymore.

I have never understood this about Wenger. He could have (and should have) offered us 10m for Given 6-8 years ago and they would have had a few more titles/trophies to their name.

Given is massively overrated. If he was that good, one of the top four would have simply snatched him off us long before he ditched us when he saw the ship was sinking.

Look how long it's took him to be sidelined when he's landed at a club with loftier ambitions than our own.

Hart might actually communicate with defenders during the game and not use them as convenient scapegoats for his own failings.

Given was absolute worldclass during his days here. How can anyone doubt that is beyond me.

I can't comment his days at City as I rarely watched a match of them.

Dave strikes when you least expect it, the suspense will destroy you before he does.

I've always seen Dave as the bad cop and Midds as the good cop. The other cops just don't seem to play a massive role...

He tried, circumstances and Hughes/Fulham being stubborn coupled with him being stubborn again has left us with a dodgy keeper.

imo he should have just offered £20m to Lyon for Lloris and solved a problem that could have seen us won the league if resolved.

He tried, circumstances and Hughes/Fulham being stubborn coupled with him being stubborn again has left us with a dodgy keeper.

imo he should have just offered £20m to Lyon for Lloris and solved a problem that could have seen us won the league if resolved.

No offence to Arsenal,  but the only player that might get into the Man Utd or Chelsea sides is Fabregas, with a particular emphasis on the word might. You need to improve all over, not just in goal.

Guest neesy111

Wenger deserves to be rightly criticized whenever Alumunia makes a mistake now.  He's had 3-4 years to buy a decent keeper for 10 million and against he hasn't.

Wenger deserves to be rightly criticized whenever Alumunia makes a mistake now.  He's had 3-4 years to buy a decent keeper for 10 million and against he hasn't.

This whole keeper thing at the arse is beyond a joke now.

Can't believe Wenger didn't sign a keeper  :facepalm: for such a fantastic manager he really just doesn't seem to want to challenge anymore.

I have never understood this about Wenger. He could have (and should have) offered us 10m for Given 6-8 years ago and they would have had a few more titles/trophies to their name.

Given is massively overrated. If he was that good, one of the top four would have simply snatched him off us long before he ditched us when he saw the ship was sinking.

Look how long it's took him to be sidelined when he's landed at a club with loftier ambitions than our own.

Hart might actually communicate with defenders during the game and not use them as convenient scapegoats for his own failings.

Have you ever attended a Newcastle match? Given is\was a good talker given a constant stream of information and encouragement to his back four, but it continues a sterotype

Have you ever attended a Newcastle match? Given is\was a good talker given a constant stream of information and encouragement to his back four, but it continues a sterotype

Had a season ticket for a seat a few rows directly behind the goal, and therefore within earshot of any of these mythical inspirational dialogues.

Had a season ticket for a seat a few rows directly behind the goal, and therefore within earshot of any of these mythical inspirational dialogues.

:lol: