Transfer Window slams shut; makes huge f*ck off slamming sound

Guest BooBoo

Van Der Vaart trasnfer just smacks of 'well may as well get someone'. They don''t really need him do they?

They're in the CL remember, the need good cover, not just some ratarses who turn out mostly for the reserves.

It meant that the club put out really misleading and poorly worded statements and you shouldn't take them literally all the time :)

By definition it’s impossible to take ambiguous statements literally.

Tell that to hundreds of millions of fundamentalist Christians.

Van Der Vaart trasnfer just smacks of 'well may as well get someone'. They don''t really need him do they?

Posted elsewhere:

Harry Redknapp quotes for you, then: "It (The Rafael van der Vaart  deal) is still dragging on. We have been trying to do something but we are waiting to see if it has all gone through and we are hoping it has. It's something to do with clearance. I think he was going to Bayern Munich yesterday for £18m and suddenly he became much cheaper. They let me know around 1600 BST that he was available for £8m and for that money he is a top player who will definitely improve us. The fee has come crashing down because the deadline is so close. He's a great passer of the ball, he's a top footballer, he will join in here and be a big plus for us. We were also interested in Ryan Babel, he was a player we made an enquiry about but it never came close."

Guest kingdawson

We sure as hell do need him. It's now 4-5-1 and we don't have to rely on our unreliable strikers as much as we do now.

------------------------------------Gomes--------------------------------

Corluka--------Galls/Dawson-----------King----------------Ekotto

------------------------Huddlestone----Luka------------------------

-----Lennon------------------------VDV--------------------Bale-----

---------------------------------Crouch/Keane-----------------------

Crouch and Keane are the only 2 strikers we have that can somewhat play that role so it's one or the other.

We sure as hell do need him. It's now 4-5-1 and we don't have to rely on our unreliable strikers as much as we do now.

Crouch and Keane are the only 2 strikers we have that can somewhat play that role so it's one or the other.

Can't see Defoe taking that like.

Oh! Is it all over? Bugger it. I missed transfer deadline day completely due to work being mental today. Fucksticks. :(

Knowing you I'm sure that's sheer sarcasm but if not, it was a load of wank and you missed nothing.

Oh! Is it all over? Bugger it. I missed transfer deadline day completely due to work being mental today. Fucksticks. :(

Knowing you I'm sure that's sheer sarcasm but if not, it was a load of wank and you missed nothing.

:laugh:

:laugh: Was being a bit sarcastic, aye. Sorry!

Take it Robbie Keane's still a Spud and we didn't have some sort of collective brain haemorrhage and sign Kenny Miller from the Huns then?

Guest kingdawson

Can't see Defoe taking that like.

He's been crap for months and deserves to sit it out on the bench. I hate/despise/loath/detest Keane but he can play that role wayyyy better than Defoe can that's for sure.

He's been crap for months and deserves to sit it out on the bench. I hate/despise/loath/detest Keane but he can play that role wayyyy better than Defoe can that's for sure.

Why is that mate ?

He's obviously a good footballer but I can't work out how he has played for so many clubs.

Is he a twat in the dressing room or something? Doesn't come across to me as the sort.

I can't see Spurs surviving with Keane up front in that formation. VDV signing is more incentive for him to leave, imo. Modric can play on the left, right? If he can than 4-2-3-1 with Huddlestone and Palacios holding, Lennon, VDV, and Modric as the 3 AMs, and "the striker you should have signed" upfront would be the ideal team.

I can't see Spurs surviving with Keane up front in that formation. VDV signing is more incentive for him to leave, imo. Modric can play on the left, right? If he can than 4-2-3-1 with Huddlestone and Palacios holding, Lennon, VDV, and Modric as the 3 AMs, and "the striker you should have signed" upfront would be the ideal team.

You aren't normally one of the posters who misuses the English language. What have you done with the real Babatunde?

You aren't normally one of the posters who misuses the English language. What have you done with the real Babatunde?

The real Babatunde hates semicolons.

Modric's not nearly as effective on the wing, and that would probably end up pushing Bale to LB where he becomes invisible.