3 to go down

afar
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Blackpool, West Ham, and WBA.

Wigan to survive; they could just as easily finish bottom. Also, I think Birmingham are finally going to be found out-- I just don't see how three from West Ham, West Brom, Blackpool and Wigan are going to steer clear of the drop.

Blackpool are nailed on. They just won't be able to pick up points all season. Don't think they'll break the Derby record but they'll get maybe 20 at most, gone by early March.

West Ham look a shambles, it will take real real real miracle type stuff for them not to be relegated, gone by early April.

Toss up for the last spot. A week ago I would have stuck Wigan in the coffin and hammered the nails down. But I think they may improve now. I'm not convinced West Brom will have improved much on the last few seasons and will be there or there abouts. One of those two for me.

If I had to put something on it now I'd go Blackpool, WHAM and WBROM. Wigan just about surviving, again.

Sunderland, Brum, Stoke, Blackburn, Fulham, Bolton, Wolves and Ourselves are probably just a step ahead of these four teams and it would take some severe bad luck with injuries or maybe some off field upheavel for any of these to get sucked in to the drop zone.

If Bent gets injured then the mackems could struggle, although Gyan might turn out to be good.

West Ham look awful, them with Blackpool and maybe Wigan.

It's competitive throughout the league now though, it's pretty tough to predict at this point.

Competitively crap for those outside the top 7 or 8 teams tbh. I think my big take away from the opening games is how average a lot of teams really are, teams like Brum and Fulham and Blackburn, who had decent seasons last year are really pretty unspectactular.

Someone made the point above about injuries being key, I think that's a great point, there's a lot of teams with pretty thin squads in terms of quality, ourself included, that could be easily sucked into this, with a little bad luck.

Guest sicko2ndbest

It is going to be another tight year. Last year was far easier than the year before with Burnley a crisis ridden Portsmouth and a poor Hull with management/owner issues.

Blackpool aside i can see it being quite competitive again

Guest sicko2ndbest

Blackpool

West Brom

Wolves

Wolves will 100% not go down. Defensively tight with a fantastic work ethic. They have spent nearly 15 million consolidating this year. Doyle, Fletcher and Ebanks Blake will score goals

Blackpool

West Brom

Wolves

Wolves will 100% not go down. Defensively tight with a fantastic work ethic. They have spent nearly 15 million consolidating this year. Doyle, Fletcher and Ebanks Blake will score goals

Yeah I agree. Wolves will be a hard place to go to for teams this season, and even though we should have perhaps won the game with all the chances we produced, we may look back on the point at Wolves as a very very good one, not too many times will come away with much there.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Wigan - No one will notice... or care.

West Ham - Will probably be left in the shit with Gold trying to sell up and Administrators at the door.

Blackpool - But will love every minute of it.