3 to go down

afar
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyway, to answer your question, for me personally they are Liverpool's annoying little brother and can be on occasion too mouthy. During my lifetime as a football fan, they've also played some of the most negative and defence-minded football in the Premiership for such a well established club. Also, Tim Cahill.

They do have many redeeming qualities and a good few fans (1878 and Niel for example seem alright) but on the balance of things, they could do with being taken down a peg IMO.

Not sure what you mean about the first bit.

I agree we have played some absolutely shit football, at least in my lifetime, but it's obvious we've changed a lot under Moyes and increasingly over the past few seasons we've become a more attractive, offensive side to the point now I'd say we're easily one of the best sides to watch in the league, albeit obviously without the quality of Man Utd, Chelsea or indeed Arsenal.

I can see exactly why a lot of people have us as a bit of a 2nd team, or a club they want to do well. We're seen as an underdog (and financially are) in terms of the Premier League's higher positions and who doesn't like an underdog? Each to their own, anyway.

I naturally love Cahill but can see why he'd irritate the fuck out of opposition fans, mind.

Re: little brother comment - just some bad fans I've encountered. All clubs have them, I know, but I've had the misfortune of speaking to those fans. As I've said, plenty of good fans too. Not sure I agree about the attractiveness of your football, but to each their own.

Re: Cahill - I'd be ashamed to have what I can only describe as a bitchman in my team, the same way I cringed every time Michael Owen and Damien Duff dived. He's worse than both of those though, because he both dives and commits particularly cowardly pieces of aggression... and generally follows it up with some whinging. Him getting sent off at the World Cup was glorious.

• 4 months later...

Thought I would bump this. Funny to see that the current bottom three, 20 people voted for Wolves, while only one a piece voted for Brum and Fulham.

Right now I have no freakin idea who the final 3 will be, thought West Ham were certianties up until a week or two ago, now they're 16th ! I can't think of an occassion were at least one of the bottom 3 hasn't been in the relegation positions for the majority of the season, so that does not bode well for Wolves or West Ham.

If I were going to pick three though right now, I would go with WWW - Wolves (just don't seem to be able to get themselves out of it), West Ham (I have a feeling their current form is only temp, they were certainly the worst team we've faced this year) and West Brom (who have been quietly slipping down the table). But I could be totally wrong.

I was Adam Ant Blackpool would be going down with about 7 points :lol:

They've really had a fantastic season tbh, what a job Holloway has done, they might still go, that's how crazy the division has been this year, but even if they do, they've shown a lot of people wrong.

At the moment I would say Wolves, Wigan, and West Ham. Theirs a few clubs around there who will stay around the relegation zone. West Brom, Birmingham, and Fulham I would say mainly. However as we have seen, 1 or 2 weeks in this league can shake things up down there, but those 6 clubs will be the big contenders I think.

if wigan don't go down i'll be shocked considering how bad they were yesterday,

wolves with their upcoming fixtures look screwed (for those who don't know look at their next 6)

blackburn really shouldn't go down but caretaker manager they are contenders, west ham obviously as well

Still think Blackpool will hit the wall but they've probably got enough on the board and enough home games (they've only played 6 at home!) to be quite comfortable even if they blow up.

Wolves will get cut adrift soon and not be able to get it back. West Brom are on the slide but should be ok. Wigan look dreadful but inconsistent so they may spawn enough points to stay up. Fulham are the proverbial 'too good to go down' but are right in the thick of it. A lot depends on who West Ham bring in this month as to whether they go or stay. Birmingham are also knee deep but should grind enough results out to be safe.

Blackburn have got the potential to be the team that drops into it late on. Liverpool, Everton and Villa have nothing to worry about. I'm pretty sure that if we beat West Ham we'll be ok too.

Wolves definitely. West Ham probably and either Wigan or Blackburn for me.

Long way to go yet though.