Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

Jesus wept if that's true

What? Jesus wept if he's out for next weekend's game? I know he's your captain but the world will continue... I think?

think he means allardyce fining players for shooting from outside the box.

Mentioned this in the match thread, but does anyone think we are missing Nolan's leadership? It's been said before that he is a good captain and it seems like we are missing someone today to rally the team and get them going, they just dont look interested today. Hopefully he gets back asap.

Mentioned this in the match thread, but does anyone think we are missing Nolan's leadership? It's been said before that he is a good captain and it seems like we are missing someone today to rally the team and get them going, they just dont look interested today. Hopefully he gets back asap.

Definitely.

Ability-wise yes, just Barton was missed. But just for the presence for the rest of our team, I'd include Nolan.

His presence is the same as Shola's if he doesn't score he doesn't contribute and we've seen that so many times over the last 2 seasons.  Nolan has played plenty of times this season when we've lost and he's contributed nothing.

No we didn't miss him, we missed Barton.

We missed Nolan as well. He's our leader, man. He might not be a great player, but he gives us something nobody else does in terms of leadership.

Shola as captain is a joke.

We missed Nolan as well. He's our leader, man. He might not be a great player, but he gives us something nobody else does in terms of leadership.

Shola as captain is a joke, that shouldn't mean that we have to play Nolan.

No we didn't miss him, we missed Barton.

This. When I say presence, I'm not talking on-pitch, fighting for the ball, making himself known as such, but just for the lift that he clearly gives the team. He's a personality that we need. He talks, he directs. We do need him, as much as it pains me to say.

Shola as captain is a joke, that shouldn't mean that we have to play Nolan.

It doesn't. But we still missed Nolan for the reasons I've said.

Its the most damning indictment of Guthries joke of a performance today that we are left crying out for the nous and movement of Nobby Nolan.

This. When I say presence, I'm not talking on-pitch, fighting for the ball, making himself known as such, but just for the lift that he clearly gives the team. He's a personality that we need. He talks, he directs. We do need him, as much as it pains me to say.

Nolan giving us a lift is more often than not a myth and it doesn't happen enough to justify his place in the team, his goals probably do when he turns up.  Playing him against Villa and the Mackems were no brainers as he was always likely to be up for those games, too often he isn't up for it.  Even against West Ham when he scored, he was always going to be up for it considering the week he'd had before the game. 

I'd play him against the better teams as he seems to be more motivated, when he's not motivated he plays like Guthrie did today.

Guest neesy111

We miss Nolan's link up between midfield and strikers as Tiote and Guthrie offered fuck all going forward to support the strikers.