Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

Any reason for the chicken celebration?

Also, this is already Nolan's most prolific season already. I had him as good as finished two years ago after he signed for you but it's good to see him having a new peak :thup:

One of our players apparently dances like that on night outs.

Like Ameobi. You just love to hate him or Hate to love him :kinnear:

I just love him honestly..    :smitten:

yeah. don´t know if that turned out well, but agree :colo: He is great, especially as a leader :snod:

Guest Stephen927

Got to be on contention for a call-up for either Ireland or England soon. Maybe even Holland. :lol:

don't think hes actually eligible for ireland (unfortunately) read something about that over here a couple of months ago

From a couple of years ago now like...

Nolan said: "It's not only Ireland I can play for, it's Holland as well, as my great granddad was Dutch.

My Irish mate is always harping on about wanting him for Ireland.

What's the record for goals in a season in the top flight for us from a midfielder? In my lifetime I can think of Speed getting about 11 or 12 in 99-00 and Lee got about well into double figures in 94-95 (on phone so can't check exact numbers). Real chance of beating those two anyway.

I was a certified hater in the early part of the season, but I'm warming to him more and more.

I don't like watching him 90% of the time either really, and I still don't think he's fit enough to play CM in the Premier League. But if we put Tiote alongside him and don't expect too much of him defensively, he delivers enough through leadership, spirit and goals to justify his place.

(Also, all our other midfielders are rank)

He's the type of player you can accommodate. The current set up is perfect for him. Ball winning midfielder who can be his legs, a left winger who'll run all day for him, a right midfielder who can pick him out, and a striker whose flick ons and knock downs he can feed off. The formula of our side just works.

What's the record for goals in a season in the top flight for us from a midfielder? In my lifetime I can think of Speed getting about 11 or 12 in 99-00 and Lee got about well into double figures in 94-95 (on phone so can't check exact numbers). Real chance of beating those two anyway.

whats the record for a toon player against the shite in a season?

He's the type of player you can accommodate. The current set up is perfect for him. Ball winning midfielder who can be his legs, a left winger who'll run all day for him, a right midfielder who can pick him out, and a striker whose flick ons and knock downs he can feed off. The formula of our side just works.

Absolutely yes. He fits in perfectly, allowing him to do what he does best - finish.

I still think his fitness ain't great but he's started popping up in our box making some crucial interceptions. There was one in particular today where he stretched to intercept a killer pass, played a one-two with Barton to retain posession and then measured a ball to Shola.

He is actually very good technically and mentally, probably top 6 level technique and top 4 level mentality. But he is relegation standard when it comes to physical ability. But because we play to his strengths and accomodate his weaknesses he is great for us.

I have always been a fan of the new King Kev and I am delighted that he is getting the goals. He may not be your Iniesta / Fabregas / Messi but his positioning is excellent and where he lacks pace he gains brains.

Although there will be some, Not all teams will have a midfielder who scores at least 10 goals.....

Just a shame its not reflected in Fifa 11

Said it before but he is tidy as fuck too, play a ball into him and he will get it to a black and white shirt the majority of the team. Whack a ball into him and he will normally bring it down.

Yeah, he's basically a very good footballer who would be even better if he was more athletic and mobile.

I do think there are signs that he's been working on his fitness though, definitely looks better in recent weeks.