Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

Brilliant news to be honest. On a large wage, is carried to an extent by Tiote in terms of work rate and won't sign a new contract (albeit probably one on a lower wage with less guarantees). Just hope he isn't missed in the dressing room as a leader.

What about the massive contribution on the pitch in the last two years?

Do you think he was going to contribute much on it in the next two?

At the minute he would contribute more in terms of goals than any other of our forward players, so it is madness to sell.

There is no way in this universe this is brilliant news for you. :lol:

It's a risk, but it could be for the best.

I'm probably the only Ashley fan around, but I have faith in Pardew and Ashley.

Guest hobshobs

Great ambassador for the club agreed. The bottom line he is far far too slow for top level Premiership football in a midfield role. Sad, but we've been hearing how much he loves us and the club for months now. Well Kevin you have two years to go here if you REALLY want it.

P.S. Please please somebody come in take Ameobi and Lovenkrands off our hands.

Guest icemanblue

I'm sure all of the world's best midfielders are dying to come replace Nolan, then be dumped just like him.

30 Goals in 85 appearances, seems to me getting rid of a 1 in 3ish midfielder who is a known leader might not be the best decision we've ever made. At 28 he could have gone on for another couple of seasons for us comfortably.

There is no way in this universe this is brilliant news for you. :lol:

Of course it's not "brilliant news" but hardly the beginning of the Apocalypse that you'd think had just started going off the reactions on here.

I can see why people are feeling very negative. It remains to be seen whether overall you'll improve without him - the proper introduction of HBA, the impact of Cabaye, N'Zogbia if he joins - but this on the face of it is a very bad move. Top scorer and club captain (a very good one at that it seems). Not good.

I worry for the knock-on effect this will cause within the current playing staff if he is sold. Could be disastrous.

Brilliant news to be honest. On a large wage, is carried to an extent by Tiote in terms of work rate and won't sign a new contract (albeit probably one on a lower wage with less guarantees). Just hope he isn't missed in the dressing room as a leader.

At the minute he would contribute more in terms of goals than any other of our forward players, so it is madness to sell.

you sure ? with tiote and cabaye would you have him starting ?

Great ambassador for the club agreed. The bottom line he is far far too slow for top level Premiership football in a midfield role. Sad, but we've been hearing how much he loves us and the club for months now. Well Kevin you have two years to go here if you REALLY want it.

P.S. Please please somebody come in take Ameobi and Lovenkrands off our hands.

Yet our top scorer, and one of the top goalscoring midfielders in England.

So, we are going to bring in young, foreign players with no Premiership experience, whilst the squad's leaders are being sold?

Second-season syndrome anyone?

Weren't you pro Nolan's sale 10 minutes ago?

Craig Gardner would be a massive upgrade on Nolan.

But we don't have Craig Gardner. And until we do, we shouldn't think of selling Nolan.

We've already had our hopes dashed by Gervinho and Gameiro, let's not start putting yet another player who isn't coming here into lineups and claiming we've improved our squad when we've done no such thing.

We're not interested in that Gardner bloke. Would be a horrible switch.

Why?

Because he is not better than Nolan, and is not the person Nolan is.

Glad you cleared that up for me.

It's pretty obvious for everyone with a brain cell or two, but aye.

you sure ? with tiote and cabaye would you have him starting ?

Yes in a 4-5-1 formation.

Guest johnson293

Joey7Barton Joseph Barton

Great player, leader, captain, person, trainer and mostly a friend for life. Devastated to see him SOLD! #mejoseandjonasnext