Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

he's avergae paced, not slow, i'll bet he gets through as many if not more yards in agame than anyone else in our team and i'll also bet he's not overweight.

I'd be really interested to see the prozone distance covered stats of our team like.

i'm sure i saw something last season that he was the player who covered the most distance per match for NUFC.

anyway there is a old football saying of you are only as good as your last game,  Nolan was very good in his last game.

The fact is that if we lose and either or both of Smith & Nolan are on the pitch then they will pretty much be blamed for everything that wen't wrong.

I don't even think Nolan has put a foot wrong this season to be honest, he had a concussion against Man U and everyone was s*** in the first half against Blackpool. Villa, Wolves and Everton though I thought he played realy well.

One swallow doesnt make a summer. He's been largely terrible in the Prem since we bought him and Championship goalfests aside is liability in terms of his mobility and fitness. Nothing knee jerk about some posters comments. Can't really comment on Sat as I saw the highlights and from all accounts he played pretty well. Excellent. Needs to be consistent though and I hope he can keep it up.

The fact is that if we lose and either or both of Smith & Nolan are on the pitch then they will pretty much be blamed for everything that wen't wrong.

I don't even think Nolan has put a foot wrong this season to be honest, he had a concussion against Man U and everyone was s*** in the first half against Blackpool. Villa, Wolves and Everton though I thought he played realy well.

He didn't play well against Villa, even if he did get a couple of goals.  Watching him try to run onto through balls was like watching time stand still.

Guest firetotheworks

I dunno about anyone else, but when the same tired points keep getting made, then exaggerated, then stuck to regardless of a players performances, I end up siding with the player.

I dunno about anyone else, but when the same tired points keep getting made, then exaggerated, then stuck to regardless of a players performances, I end up siding with the player.

Yeah I get that with the manager too :lol:

I tend to stay clear of any thread that is regarding a specific player when we lose. I just end up getting pissed off :lol:

I tend to stay clear of any thread that is regarding a specific player when we lose. I just end up getting pissed off :lol:

I didn't post on here for a week after the Blackpool game :lol: a loss is bad enough and fair enough some like to vent their anger but it just makes it 100x more painful reading the over reactions :lol:

Fact of the matter is that most of us just decide at some point what we think of a certain player and everything we see of him from that point on is just filtered to match those conclusions.

i.e. Milner can't cross, Given has terrible kicking, Nolan is unfit and slow

I'm not saying that Nolan is amazing or anything, just that football fans tend to interpret performances to fit their conclusions, rather than the other way around. For all we know the Prozone stats could say that Nolan covers the most out of anybody in the squad. (I doubt it, but hey, anything's possible)

he's avergae paced, not slow, i'll bet he gets through as many if not more yards in agame than anyone else in our team and i'll also bet he's not overweight.

I think he runs plenty of yards, he just does it at a slower pace than everyone else. I wouldn't fault his effort or his importance to team spirit...in fact I think he's got a good football brain on him FWIW. Against the better quality sides though he'll just be chasing shadows if he was actually played in midfield as a box to box player. You just have to see what a difference Tiote made to see how important being an athlete is in that area.

Guest firetotheworks

Fact of the matter is that most of us just decide at some point what we think of a certain player and everything we see of him from that point on is just filtered to match those conclusions.

i.e. Milner can't cross, Given has terrible kicking, Nolan is unfit and slow

I'm not saying that Nolan is amazing or anything, just that football fans tend to interpret performances to fit their conclusions, rather than the other way around. For all we know the Prozone stats could say that Nolan covers the most out of anybody in the squad. (I doubt it, but hey, anything's possible)

I genuinely think I don't. I like to think I'm not daft enough to ignore a good performance because of a whole host of other poor ones. And I think a lot of people on here are the same, but it probably doesn't get discussed as much because there's nothing to discuss when you agree.

Guest GallowgateKev

He is really quite bad. Would rather give Barfa a bash in his position with Jonas deployed out wide again but hey, CH has been bang on so far so I'm not complaining.

Why would you do such a thing??? Ben Arfa was lethal from the wing whilst Nolan gave is a target along with AC up top. Spiderman is quite useless at the moment and really needs to be out of the team to find his "form" again!

He is really quite bad. Would rather give Barfa a bash in his position with Jonas deployed out wide again but hey, CH has been bang on so far so I'm not complaining.

Why would you do such a thing??? Ben Arfa was lethal from the wing whilst Nolan gave is a target along with AC up top. Spiderman is quite useless at the moment and really needs to be out of the team to find his "form" again!

Don't get me wrong, I think the current formation is best but I would still like to see it as Nolan is horribly immobile.

Guest GallowgateKev

Ffs Nolan has been one of the main reasons we have started the way we have! His immobility has got us 2 goals and created maybe 2 or 3??

I think ppl need to look at the bigger picture here, he makes runs up and down the pitch all day for us. The guy wants to play for NUFC!!! get off his back and give him some credit he deserves.

He gets credit when he plays well, and criticised when he doesn't. Funnily enough.

Clearly not going by this thread..... funnily enough!

Nolan would be ok if games only lasted 60 mins :D

One swallow doesnt make a summer. He's been largely terrible in the Prem since we bought him and Championship goalfests aside is liability in terms of his mobility and fitness. Nothing knee jerk about some posters comments.

:dontknow: