Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

People need to accept that whoever we sign Nolan will start every game when fit next season if he's still here, and he will deserve his place for being a good player and a good leader.

No player should be guarenteed to start every game, ever.

Messi?

Ronaldo?

Eto'o?

Pedantic little fuck.

http://thumbs2.modthesims.info/img/3/0/9/3/7/3/2/MTS2_Qahne_1126303_02.jpg

Ask her if we get her some more lemon pledge if she'll take Smith off our hands.

Consuela: "Ah no, no no no no no."

On KUMB (yes stupid name for a West Ham forum!) they're asking why they're not playing hard ball with us over Ba whilst we're refusing to sell them Nolan. Surely they know about his release clause?

I don't think it's as simple as being able to sell Nolan now that we have Cabaye. Nolan's club captain, has a genuine feel for the club and has made a huge contribution in the last two seasons. Yes Cabaye is highly rated but then so was Christian Bassedas. There's no guarantee that Cabaye will settle and shine in the English league.

I think it'll foolhardy to get rid of Nolan, a cornerstone of the team spirit at the club and nowhere near as bad as some of the hystericals like to make out.

It all depends on if Nolan is happy to start the season on the bench and fight for his place without a contract extension. At the moment that's where he is at and he still has another two years to go on a very well paid salary. He might just sit it out and I would think the club will be ok with that, although I'm sure they'd prefer to get a decent fee.

He'll not go to West Ham, like. Ignoring the stupidity of us actually considering a sale, they can't afford him. And from Nolan's view, why would he go there?

Consider all the reasons to sell a player: he causes trouble, he's unhappy, high wages, amazing fee, contract running out, shit player etc.

Nolan is none of these.

They've probably made that bid because they know that not a lot more will be needed to complete the deal. Clubs usually have a general idea of how much players are valued. WH wouldn't have made this bid if they knew they were very far off.

The 'derisory' thing is just a negotiation tactic. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see £3m-ish, maybe £3.5m straight be the deal.

On KUMB (yes stupid name for a West Ham forum!) they're asking why they're not playing hard ball with us over Ba whilst we're refusing to sell them Nolan. Surely they know about his release clause?

Maybe they missed them getting relegated..... Or his 80k wages

They've probably made that bid because they know that not a lot more will be needed to complete the deal. Clubs usually have a general idea of how much players are valued. WH wouldn't have made this bid if they knew they were very far off.

The 'derisory' thing is just a negotiation tactic. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see £3m-ish, maybe £3.5m straight be the deal.

thats where i utterly disagree, this was an obvious attempt to make it look like they were doing something without any serious intent to sign him, if looking at it logically I can't see how they could pay his wages

I still don't get why people think even if we were willing to sell that Nolan would drop down a league? He bossed the championship and got 12 goals last year in the prem. So even if we didnt want him they're are plenty of premiership teams that would probably still like him.

Guest palnese

It feels good to know that we're no longer the laughing-stock club of English football.

Kiss of death.

Maybe they missed them getting relegated..... Or his 80k wages

They think their bid for Nolan is reasonable as well!

Nolan this year has shown that he starting to tire. However I still think he has 2 good years left in him, I'd like him to stay for the last 2 years of his contract then I would be happy to let him go for nothing. I would also be willing to listen to offers in the region of £3m next summer. As for now though he can still do a job here and I would suspect Nolan feels the same way, only then could I see him willing to drop down a level.

Those bothered about his goals and captaincy, would you be arsed to see him go if we replaced him with Marvin Martin while getting Barton to sign on for four years with him being offered captaincy?

Those bothered about his goals and captaincy, would you be arsed to see him go if we replaced him with Marvin Martin while getting Barton to sign on for four years with him being offered captaincy?

It would be a gamble, what we do have to remember though is that we will have Ben Arfa and Gosling back. It all depends on how those two and Cabaye adapt.

Have we been linked with Martin like?

Guest sicko2ndbest

I would much rather keep Barton than Nolan

If we can use nolans wages to help sort out bartons contract it would be great business

I don't think it's as simple as being able to sell Nolan now that we have Cabaye. Nolan's club captain, has a genuine feel for the club and has made a huge contribution in the last two seasons. Yes Cabaye is highly rated but then so was Christian Bassedas. There's no guarantee that Cabaye will settle and shine in the English league.

I think it'll foolhardy to get rid of Nolan, a cornerstone of the team spirit at the club and nowhere near as bad as some of the hystericals like to make out.

Spot on, can't believe who desperate some people seem to be to get rid.

Really? I can believe it, like. Whenever I talk football with my mates the guarteed talk is 'Aye, Nolan is s**** like'. Same on here, for the past few seasons he's been seen as a thorn in our side of sorts.

I don't think we should sell, but the general willingness to let him go isn't a surprise to me.

Even before Cabaye came here it was put forward that to play they type of football to get us into the top 6 would be difficult with a player like Nolan in the side unless you favour the sort of football Stoke play. So for me I'm very happy that Cabaye has been signed. Nolan isn't a bench player so it comes down to how realistic it is to keep him as a squad player if Cabaye is a success. Yes it's a risk to sign Cabaye but would you prefer we didn't take it?