Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

Tbh, if they've given him a 5 year deal on 60k a week... that's mental IMO.

So no one is to blame apart from wham offering mad money.

Still they've just offed dyer on £75kpw who offered nothing in 4 years, bar injury Nolan at that level will nail promotion for you.

Fair play Nolan, anyone else with his ability would have done the same.

£60k a week? :lol: Will West Ham ever fucking learn?!

Not just 60k a week, but 5 years!  That's £20m for Kevin fucking Nolan!  He'll still be there collecting 60k a week when he's 34..

Am I missing something? At £4m I think we have shafted WHU

I'd have gladly taken £3million that we originally turned down.

Says more about you tbh.

Yeah dumb old me who didn't want to sell Zog for £6million and now we are looking at paying double to buy him back.

Has f*** all to with this.

It shows judgement though.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,72730.0.html

:lol:

So in theory there is still £35m to invest on fees and wages...

We're supposedly spending say £9m on Ba, Erdinç and Taylor as has been rumoured by the press that leaves £26m left. Going to be a lot of money left to spend, in theory, even after the obligatory 5 year deals.

Tbh, if they've given him a 5 year deal on 60k a week... that's mental IMO.

So no one is to blame apart from wham offering mad money.

Still they've just offed dyer on £75kpw who offered nothing in 4 years, bar injury Nolan at that level will nail promotion for you.

Fair play Nolan, anyone else with his ability would have done the same.

:lol: seriously??

I think you're missing something, aye, a measly 4m for our club captain. He might as well have bloody stayed or the board give him a longer f***ing contract for that much

We might as well have given him a longer contract, which would be a terrible idea, simply because the fee isn't massive? ???

I don't think a longer contract would have been terrible whatsoever in hindsight, I might have felt differently if we got, say, £8m for him and that £8m was guarenteed to actually buy his replacement. I dont think many on here would argue against that, but for the sake of only 4m he might as well have stayed. Just how I feel about it really. Still.. lets see if any more CM's come in

I think you're missing something, aye, a measly 4m for our club captain. He might as well have bloody stayed or the board give him a longer fucking contract for that much

He was offered a new contract which he rejected.  Not that the anti-Ashley brigade on here would want you knowing that.

He's served his purpose and we got the fee back. What were they expected to do; sign him on for as long as he wants and accept diminishing returns?

No place for sentimentality - we need to make progress.

Some of you would have rather we kept Gavin Peacock and David Kelly.

People believed in Keegan and Sir John. Who believes in Ashley, Llambias and Pardew to take us forward?

I think you're missing something, aye, a measly 4m for our club captain. He might as well have bloody stayed or the board give him a longer f***ing contract for that much

We might as well have given him a longer contract, which would be a terrible idea, simply because the fee isn't massive? ???

I don't think a longer contract would have been terrible whatsoever in hindsight, I might have felt differently if we got, say, £8m for him and that £8m was guarenteed to actually buy his replacement. I dont think many on here would argue against that, but for the sake of only 4m he might as well have stayed. Just how I feel about it really. Still.. lets see if any more CM's come in

He wanted 5 years, even if he'd have accepted 4 years are you saying giving him that kind of contract would be a good idea?  He'd still be here on £50k a week when he's 33 which is a terrible idea IMO.  The fee we're receiving doesn't change that.

He's served his purpose and we got the fee back. What were they expected to do; sign him on for as long as he wants and accept diminishing returns?

No place for sentimentality - we need to make progress.

Some of you would have rather we kept Gavin Peacock and David Kelly.

People believed in Keegan and Sir John. Who believes in Ashley, Llambias and Pardew to take us forward?

I'll tell you in August. Let's see who comes in first. No problem with the moves so far though.

West Ham must have some serious outgoings lined up, otherwise they're surely gambling the whole future of the club on instant promotion.

Nolan replaces Parker surely but that doesn't exactly help the wages.

They just seem to be binning anyone for free that they can - Upson, Hitzl, Ba etc.