Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

Bit of an enigma is Mr Nolan. Large segments of the Bolton AND Newcastle fans did not take to him at all. Might be a larger segment of us Hammers because we are more sophisicated. Pardew rarely makes a mistake on transfers and is a very shrewd judge. Made a profit on virtually every player he paid money for with us.

:facepalm:

Ah that's why we appointed Pardew!

If he's not scoring he's doing fuk all. You have to basically build a central mid around him for him to become effective. Things might change when Parker goes, but this kind of start is to BR expected.

we all know nolan's not gonna change but i think he'll score enough goals to keep them happy. unfortunately for him in a footballing sense he's gone to them on the back of a very good goal scoring season, whereas when he came to us he wasnt scoring a lot, therefore their expectations of him are much higher than ours were.

Bit of an enigma is Mr Nolan. Large segments of the Bolton AND Newcastle fans did not take to him at all. Might be a larger segment of us Hammers because we are more sophisicated. Pardew rarely makes a mistake on transfers and is a very shrewd judge. Made a profit on virtually every player he paid money for with us.

:facepalm:

Ah that's why we appointed Pardew!

Rarely make a mistake on transfers and is a very shrewd judge. Sounds good to me. :thup:

/making a profit is a fucking great thing too, and is just a symptom of picking the right ones and getting the best out of a player. The question is just whether we then go onto use those profits to help us progress and keep players for longer.

'making a profit is a fucking great thing'

Deary me.

Isn't it though? Clubs certainly get criticised when they sell players for less than they paid.

Making money is how we can put the club in a better position financially, and hopefully afford to spend more on the right players.

From the 2 games i've seen of them Nolan seems to be fairly deep/central. He still got the odd half chance though.

The complaints are nothing new to us though. When he hits form (goalscoring) then his value on the playing side gets realised. Outside of the box he offers little to nothing.

£65k 4 year deal is just seting in to their fans though :lol:

Deary me.

Isn't it though? Clubs certainly get criticised when they sell players for less than they paid.

Making money is how we can put the club in a better position financially, and hopefully afford to spend more on the right players.

Ian man!  :lol: We've made A LOT of money recently and we're still haggling over a million here or there for a left back!

Deary me.

Ian man!  :lol: We've made A LOT of money recently and we're still haggling over a million here or there for a left back!

Yeah, but as I've said before that has to be understood against 10 years of large losses and quite a lot of debt.

Anyway, pointless debate as it's been had a million times :thup:

Deary me.

Yeah, but as I've said before that has to be understood against 10 years of large losses and quite a lot of debt.

Anyway, pointless debate as it's been had a million times :thup:

:thup:

Guest Haris Vuckic

I reckon a man can get his fitness from reasonably fat like Nolan to properly fit in about 3 weeks.

I can imagine Nolan's nowhere near as motivated down there as he was here. In his comfort zone with the manager, his contract and place in the team, and has actually chosen to go there instead of being part of a hugely embarrassing relegation like with us.

Almost without fail (and aside from youth products), making a profit means you're selling your best players. That's never 'fucking great' in my book.

Everything depends on what you get in return.. We offloaded an aging and expensive Nolan, and in return we got Maveraux.  The same goes for Enrique: if he's replaced with a younger, cheaper and  talented player like Peters who is now playing lb for the no 1 national team in the world, I have no problem with the club's current transfer policy.

We didn't make a profit on either of those.

That is true..But the point is that we're getting better value for money with the likes of Cabaye and Peters.That enables us to reinforce in other areas of the pitch, hopefully..

Deary me.

Oh dear, you appear to have not been able to complete the job and read the following sentence.

He's got no interest in that, just wants to pick out a single sentence to moan about.

As to Kevin Nolan, this is predictable.  Considering how sophisicated (:lol:)  those West Ham fans are you'd have thought they'd have realised what kind of player Nolan is before they signed him.