Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

So there's probably 3 or 4 on a board of thousands.

Like I said I tend to just avoid this kind of debate altogether, so may have missed this hardcore showing themselves on a regular basis, but I honestly don't think there's anybody on here that genuinely supports anything and everything the board do. Some might try to make sense of a particular situation beyond categorically blaming the regime, or maybe give credit to them for certain decisions and policies... but to me this doesn't make them 'Ashley apologists', for example in oldtype's case when he has declared his utter detestment for them on numerous occasions.

I don't like the man one bit, but saying that, decisions wise over the last 2 years there's not much I'd have done different. The sign on the Gallowgate roof and daft name change apart. It's the pathetic way he goes about things and his decisions which pisses me off (ie selling Nolan for me was a good decision, the way we strung him along seemingly though, bollocks, replacing Hughton for a more experienced manager in itself wasn't a bad choice imo, the shoddy way we did if however...) and so on.

I don't believe there are any genuine or wholehearted Ashley apologists - just those whose objectivity is coloured by optimism; posters who want to believe we can achieve in spite of the regime. And maybe we can.

Not the worst thing in the world for N-O to have some nuances of opinion.

Guest michaelfoster

one of the best captains we will ever have at the club but giving a 29 year old a 50k p/w 5 year contract would have been madness. He had another 2 years left on his contract so the board should have waited until xmas before giving him a new 2 year contract or something.

Keegan proved their nature, the values behind the way they behave. There is no reason to believe that has changed.

Some will still give them the benefit of the doubt & try and rationalize their own ideas of how it may really have gone down.

Theres no reason to do so apart from falling into some made up notion that it means you're holding a more "balanced" argument.

Management in lying shocker!

To be honest though, stages in 'negotiations' mean different people to different things. Nolan will have his interpretation of what the handsahke meant, as will Disco Dekka.

If Nolan's account is 100% factual then the powers that be are in the wrong, I seriously doubt this is the case.

I also find it strange that in MA's other business his top staff are happy working for him and the packages that they are offered, but seemingly when it comes to football they offer a pack of peanuts as a basic wage. Perhaps it's expectations of the players that need to change?

I liken the approach they are taking to being the first team in F1 to pit in changable weather conditions. They're trying something that players and agents aren't used to, IF it becomes the norm in football we may find in a couple of years that we are in a great place when other teams all of a sudden find themselves lumbered with a squad on inflated wages and no way getting rid of them because of this.

Carroll isn't telling the whole truth, Nolan isn't telling the whole truth, Enrique isn't telling the whole truth, Keegan isn't telling the whole truth...

When will it finally click for people? :lol:

Fine, if Nolan is lying then we'll just wait for Newcastle's response.....waiting....still waiting...hmm, where is it?

Carroll isn't telling the whole truth, Nolan isn't telling the whole truth, Enrique isn't telling the whole truth, Keegan isn't telling the whole truth...

Fine, if Nolan is lying then we'll just wait for Newcastle's response.....waiting....still waiting...hmm, where is it?

You know what, I'd stick money on the fact that none of the above were telling the whole truth, there will be spin and/or personal opinion invovled in everything anyone says when it is released into the public domain.

You know what, I'd stick money on the fact that none of the above were telling the whole truth, there will be spin and/or personal opinion invovled in everything anyone says when it is released into the public domain.

:thup:

/and goes without saying that includes stuff from the club

If that's the case, the club would comment on it. And haven't.

Bit suspicious that they're all pretty much saying the same thing too. Nah, they must all be in on it.

Guest Mantis

People question the statements put out by ex players, but here we have Barton and Jose who are backing up these statements whilst still here.  I couldnt give a fuck about any response from the club as they are proven to be pathalogical lying bastards.

This just smacks of the 'We've made Jose a very good offer' scenario. 

The sooner the classless pricks leave the better.

If that's the case, the club would comment on it. And haven't.

Bit suspicious that they're all pretty much saying the same thing too. Nah, they must all be in on it.

And then they would be slagged off for getting into tit-for-tat exchanges. Most of what has come out on twitter etc has been directed at MA and DL, not the club as a whole. Personally, I'm glad that MA doesn't have a twitter account that he uses to respond to these sort of things

Guest schmuck

Right decision, wrong method.

...is a nice, concise way to cut through the whole issue in my opinion. I don't think it can be understated what a terrible prick Llambias consistently appears to be, but it doesn't mean that he never acts, at least loosely, in the club's best interests.

Guest hobshobs

"From January I was involved in ongoing discussions about signing a new contract between four and five years. I discussed the deal at length with managing director Derek Llambias and even shook hands on it. When you do that you expect them to see it through. "

Double standards Kevin. You didn't actually see the deal that you signed through to the end.

Guest neesy111

No one is telling the truth in all of this, it's just that Ashley and Co have done the same for last 3 seasons.

Yeah but, this is the new way to run a football club and Ashley and Dekkas are pioneers. The longer it takes everyone else to realise this the bigger our headstart can be.....

There isn't a football club on the planet that's made a success of lying to and shitting on their staff and fans, this is what worries me.  There's an argument that we've actually got quite lucky over the last 2 years but there's a good chance we'll come unstuck again if this is the way they insist on conducting themselves.

:thup:

I appreciate they've had plenty of shit back at times. Although, to be fair, it has usually been in response to them doing something heinous (Ashley and Mort were treat like heroes back at the beginning and they fucking lapped it up).

However, it just narks me how we should be having a fantastic time and building something special here with what is/was a very good core group of players/professionals and we're still tripping over our feet because of their attitude.

I don't understand why the fuck he bought us, basically. He's never shown any real ambition at all to make a success of things.

this will more than likely be baulked at, but notice the ever increasing sports direct advertising. it would have cost him more than the original purchase price for that kind of advertising space over ten years.

none of this is surprising obviously. just cant wait until he fucks off.