Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

Nolan's Captaincy skills are really not to be underestimated.  He IS a leader, and the change was notable when he didn't play against Wigan.  It is true that he's hardly a Gerrard contributor, but if the rest of the team are good enough to carry him, the team will be better as a whole with him and he'll chip in with a few goals.

I'm a certified Nolan hater, but I'm beginning to think that the idea that the team will do better when it isn't carrying him is a bit of wishful thinking.

With the players we currently have, I'm starting to believe that we're better off with Nolan than without him.

It's weird, because I still think he's not athletic enough for this league and he contributes not that much.

I'm resigned to the fact that he'll continue to be an important part of the team, that at the end of the season he'll have scored about 10 goals, and that whenever he's not scoring he'll be pull-your-hair-out frustrating.

Nolan's Captaincy skills are really not to be underestimated.  He IS a leader, and the change was notable when he didn't play against Wigan.  It is true that he's hardly a Gerrard contributor, but if the rest of the team are good enough to carry him, the team will be better as a whole with him and he'll chip in with a few goals.

:thup:

:thup:

Guest GallowgateKev

And when he didnt play against Wigan Tiote had a mare???

I think you all need to realise that we're a better team when he plays. He brings goals to the team and an attacking threat from midfield that no other midfielder brings. This was proven yesterday!!!!

If he bangs in 10 goals from midfield this season is that not a good return???

Scored as many goals as Cahill & van der Vaart and one fewer than Bent. :lol:

Yup, saw that yesterday looking at the top scorers chart.

If Capello really does pick England squads on form (hah!) then the four forwards will be Carroll, Bent, Nolan and Walcott.  :snod:

Guest GallowgateKev

Tiote didn't have a mare. He looked a bit clumsy, but that was nowt to do with Nolan not being there.

Tiote didnt have a mare against Wigan??? What game were you watching???

He looked out of place and clumsy. gave the ball away and went wondering! He wasnt his usual self because he was playing in the centre mid role instead of the defensive midfielder role.... Open your eyes and have a look at things before you decide to come back to me with silly answers!

What's silly, you knee-jerking nonce, is the suggestion that Nolan being in the team has any semblance of correlation with Tiote's performances. Nolan was absymal/anonymous against Man City, Tiote had his best game for us that day.

Tiote didn't have a mare. He looked a bit clumsy, but that was nowt to do with Nolan not being there.

Aye. Daft comparison. Dont think that was the intention of the original post either. Needs to maintain the consistency he had in the championship before we can properly assess it tbh. Good game for him yesterday.

What's silly, you knee-jerking nonce, is the suggestion that Nolan being in the team has any semblance of correlation with Tiote's performances. Nolan was absymal/anonymous against Man City*, Tiote had his best game for us that day.**

*:nope:

** :nope: :nope:

As ever it's much easier to overlook his obvious flaws when he's scoring goals. At sniffing out chances and finishing he's good; as a midfielder/link-up man he's poor.

Not a lot more to it IMO.

Guest GallowgateKev

I think you will find Tiote had his best game for us down at Everton. I take it you've only seen the games on T.V???

You "knee-jerking nonce"....

Nolan covers into the centre of midfield normally when we play one up front. Sitting with Barton and Tiote playing the defensive role, now you would know that if you attended all games???

Have you got a nice arm chair by the way? leather? recliner? space for the can of carling?