Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

I've allways wanted to see Jonas on the right, managers just seem reluctant to play him there for whatever reason though

Agreed. At least then he'll be on his strongest foot. Very strange that he is a left-winger, he's rubbish at cutting inside and has a poor left foot.

I've allways wanted to see Jonas on the right, managers just seem reluctant to play him there for whatever reason though

Agreed. At least then he'll be on his strongest foot. Very strange that he is a left-winger, he's rubbish at cutting inside and has a poor left foot.

:nope: He's far more effective on the left than the right; however, as this is the Nolan thread, we can leave the Jonas talk for his thread :)

Fair play to the posters "eating humble pie" [/shak] - Nolan has come good this season and justified some of the faith shown in him early doors :thup: 4 goals against the M*ckems is good going :)

His left foot crosses are arguably better than with his right.

Moving Barton off the right at this stage would be akin to putting Carroll in nets because he's tall.

Jonas is a terrible crosser of the ball though, at least playing on the left he is at least some sort of threat to cut inside and run at the heart of the opposition defense with the ball on his stronger side.

About time we had any sort of selection headache tbh

Carroll

Jonas                               B.Arfa

Nolan      Barton

Tiote

----------------------------

Carroll     

B.Arfa

Jonas Tiote Nolan Barton

I accidently wet my pants when I read you post....

:smitten:

About time we had any sort of selection headache tbh

Carroll

Jonas                               B.Arfa

Nolan      Barton

Tiote

I'd be inclined to go with this. Jonas and wor Benny swapping wings ...

Read this in Saturdays Journal.

An overhead kick to open the floodgates, a slotted finish after Carroll’s acrobatic effort and a bullet header to complete the rout were enough to etch Nolan’s name into derby history. He hasn’t watched the game since but then with almost daily reminders from every Newcastle fan that he meets, it has been kept fresh his memory over the past ten weeks.

“You know I’ve never watched it – and no one has bought me the DVD. I’ve got the ball at home and the shirt at home but it’s all up there,” he says tapping his forehead.

“To be honest I was surprised no one bought it for me for Xmas. I was going to buy it mum and dad one but I didn’t get round to it so I haven’t got one.

“Do people buy me drinks? No, not really. People want to speak to you more when you’re out and about.

“They come over and shake your hand and just say thank you for a fantastic day and there’s nothing more pleasing when that happens. I’m not one to be out on the town all the time to be honest. I had a good night after that game – as a lot of you read! – but I have bought drinks since then. I always go out with Andy Carroll, so of course I have to. If I score again they may start buying me drinks! The response I’ve had from the whole city has been tremendous and the way I get treated as well. But it was like that before I scored the hat-trick and it now gives people more of an incentive to come over and chat to me – which I never ever minded before anyway because I get paid for doing a job and that’s part of it being able to communicate with fans when I’m out and about.

Full intervie http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2011/01/14/kevin-nolan-not-worried-about-wear-tyne-derby-61634-27983824/#ixzz1BIFOW2NY

Touch of class that imo.

Said it before but he is tidy as f*** too, play a ball into him and he will get it to a black and white shirt the majority of the team. Whack a ball into him and he will normally bring it down.

And he also turns like an oil tanker. I don't really see what's tidy about that.

Unless he crashes or sinks I think it can be classed as tidy.

Not when he loses the ball more often than not.

But he doesn't.

He does it at least a couple of times a game when he tries to turn.

So not quite more often than not?

;)

More often than not when he turns. ;)

Which is "once or twice a game", so about Tiote standards.

:pow:

Read this in Saturdays Journal.

An overhead kick to open the floodgates, a slotted finish after Carrolls acrobatic effort and a bullet header to complete the rout were enough to etch Nolans name into derby history. He hasnt watched the game since but then with almost daily reminders from every Newcastle fan that he meets, it has been kept fresh his memory over the past ten weeks.

You know Ive never watched it and no one has bought me the DVD. Ive got the ball at home and the shirt at home but its all up there, he says tapping his forehead.

To be honest I was surprised no one bought it for me for Xmas. I was going to buy it mum and dad one but I didnt get round to it so I havent got one.

Do people buy me drinks? No, not really. People want to speak to you more when youre out and about.

They come over and shake your hand and just say thank you for a fantastic day and theres nothing more pleasing when that happens. Im not one to be out on the town all the time to be honest. I had a good night after that game as a lot of you read! but I have bought drinks since then. I always go out with Andy Carroll, so of course I have to. If I score again they may start buying me drinks! The response Ive had from the whole city has been tremendous and the way I get treated as well. But it was like that before I scored the hat-trick and it now gives people more of an incentive to come over and chat to me which I never ever minded before anyway because I get paid for doing a job and thats part of it being able to communicate with fans when Im out and about.

Full intervie http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2011/01/14/kevin-nolan-not-worried-about-wear-tyne-derby-61634-27983824/#ixzz1BIFOW2NY

Touch of class that imo.

A top geezer and worthy of captaining a club who are playing with a lot of pride in the shirt.

Guest Tall Striker

27 goals in his last 63 games. A striker with that record would set you back 20m, so get a midfielder with that record for 4m is sensational :thup:

I'm overseas so I don't get to games, but do we have a song for him? For all his limitations, he deffo deserves one.

There's the "No no, no no no no, no no Kevin Nolan" one to the tune of 2 Unlimited (I think it's them anyway!)

"We all live in Kevin Nolan's house, Kevin Nolan's house!" .

No,no,no... is the main one though.

I tried getting one to Rollin' by Limp Bizkit but it never took off. Shame.

Neither did my rawhide  :sigh:

They're both good ideas, if it helps at all.

It doesn't Ian. It doesn't. god love you. I feel like will Smith in the Pursuit of Happyness tbh about it