Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

Guest Wearside

Just out of curiosity Wearside, why do you post on here? Not having a go, I'm just wondering.

I read this messageboard for months(mainly in lead up to the 5-1 game) and just continued reading and then someone posted that not many Sunderland fans got on here so I registered.

I like it because it's clearly very well moderated and I don't have to trail through hundreds of the same threads,it's a good layout IMO.

I try not and go on threads mainly related to Newcastle because if I say something against the general opinion I would just get accused of being bitter,obsessed etc etc but I do read most of the threads.

have you been surprised that your every post isn't replied to with "f*** off mackem kernt" !

that'll make sense if you read RTG. :angel:

Honestly, I was surprised when I first started posting that I would get that, but I have to say that the majority on here seem to have a bit about them and I like a bit of banter so it's all been good so far.

I work in Shields and at least half of my mates in "real life" are mags so their is not much anyone can throw at me that I haven't heard before. :)

Id love to be able to see my career out here, but realistically that isnt going to happen.

If this club carries on going in the right direction, which I believe it will do, they wont want me.

In three or four years Ill be expected to leave. Im not going to hang around picking up my money. If Im not playing, Im one of those players who will move on.

I hope its not too soon, I hope Ive got three or four years left here and Im going to work hard to try and make that happen.

Even he knows he's s*** :razz:

The first two lines look like really good news, the third and fourth are killers.

The fourth isn't so bad. We could take an optimistic view and assume when he says he's going to work really hard to stay here for another three or four years that means he's going to lay off the beer and lose a stone.

Id love to be able to see my career out here, but realistically that isnt going to happen.

If this club carries on going in the right direction, which I believe it will do, they wont want me.

In three or four years Ill be expected to leave. Im not going to hang around picking up my money. If Im not playing, Im one of those players who will move on.

I hope its not too soon, I hope Ive got three or four years left here and Im going to work hard to try and make that happen.

The first two lines look like really good news, the third and fourth are killers.

The fourth isn't so bad. We could take an optimistic view and assume when he says he's going to work really hard to stay here for another three or four years that means he's going to lay off the beer and lose a stone.

He's saying that he thinks the club will be too good for him soon, but he's hoping he can keep up for 3/4 years. Nought negative there.

“I’d love to be able to see my career out here, but realistically that isn’t going to happen.”

“If this club carries on going in the right direction, which I believe it will do, they won’t want me.

“In three or four years I’ll be expected to leave. I’m not going to hang around picking up my money. If I’m not playing, I’m one of those players who will move on.

“I hope it’s not too soon, I hope I’ve got three or four years left here and I’m going to work hard to try and make that happen.

He's saying that he thinks the club will be too good for him soon, but he's hoping he can keep up for 3/4 years. Nought negative there.

Imagine Nolan in 4 years time man. :lol: He can only just about get by 90 minutes now.

Nolan is spot on there.  He knows that if we continue in the same vein we will be an established top seven club in three years time and only need to pick up a quality CM/RW and a striker before he is out of the 1st XI.  He's an undoubted leader of men, and I'd keep him in the squad as a backup player for his effect in the changing room.

He's got manager written all over him.

I thought he played well against Birmingham and areet against Blackburn. Didn't set the world on fire but some neat touches and a few great tackles spring to mind. His vocal leadership is invaluable, though.

Nolan is spot on there.  He knows that if we continue in the same vein we will be an established top seven club in three years time and only need to pick up a quality CM/RW and a striker before he is out of the 1st XI.  He's an undoubted leader of men, and I'd keep him in the squad as a backup player for his effect in the changing room.

He's good enough for the pitch too if he looses some weight. It's f***** unbelievable that a man with a body of a pub-player has bagged 10 goals this season.

Anyone fancy him doing a Dalglish? Not necessarily for us, if the idea gives you a heart attack. And of course I don't mean start mumbling and deconstructing good attacking teams...

I'll say this at least, if the Board are that serious about normally only making internal appointments, I'd prefer him to Beardsley...

Big Sam's heir apparent.

Does Dan Gosling play through the centre? I am just wondering if he would provide an alternative to Nolan if we were looking for more mobility in some games. Or all of them preferably.

Yeah although I think he may be more of defensive minded centre mid, definitely compared to Nolan. Also, he's set to be out for the rest of the season IIRC.

Does Dan Gosling play through the centre? I am just wondering if he would provide an alternative to Nolan if we were looking for more mobility in some games. Or all of them preferably.

Yeah although I think he may be more of defensive minded centre mid, definitely compared to Nolan. Also, he's set to be out for the rest of the season IIRC.

I was thinking in terms of next season anyway. Just wondering whether some of the £35m should be spent on an attacking midfielder but we have Vukic and Gosling who might step up next season.

From what the Everton fans said he sounds more like Nolan, get's himself in good shooting positions but isn't very quick. That said he does apparently have good energy.

From what the Everton fans said he sounds more like Nolan, get's himself in good shooting positions but isn't very quick. That said he does apparently have good energy.

Lampard isn't particularly quick but he is still relatively mobile. I don't think that position requires loads of pace so as long as Gosling has a good engine he should be ok.

From what the Everton fans I have spoke to have said he sounds more of a right back.