Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

Will be seriously dissapointed if Nolan is in the first team next season. Disgustingly conditioned athlete, who cannot contribute to any kind of general play, and he is supposed to be a central midfielder?! Just not good enough. The sad thing is if he actually committed himself to getting in decent shape he would likely be a pretty good player, but at the moment his contribution to play is inexcusable.

A central midfield goal poacher?! Just doesn't make sense really. Tiote has saved him this season, and should exploire the legalities of laying claim to half of Nolan's salary. Does anyone remember how awful he was alongside Butt or Smith the season we went down? I will never, ever forget. That player is only one injury to Tiote away from making a return to the team. Looked completely off the pace against Stevenage for goodness sake.

Hope Pardew is just massaging his ego a bit. I'm worried.

What are you on man. Ridiculous statement.

Aye, that goal on Saturday was a pretty poor contribution to a 1-1 draw...

Will be seriously dissapointed if Nolan is in the first team next season. Disgustingly conditioned athlete, who cannot contribute to any kind of general play, and he is supposed to be a central midfielder?! Just not good enough. The sad thing is if he actually committed himself to getting in decent shape he would likely be a pretty good player, but at the moment his contribution to play is inexcusable.

A central midfield goal poacher?! Just doesn't make sense really. Tiote has saved him this season, and should exploire the legalities of laying claim to half of Nolan's salary. Does anyone remember how awful he was alongside Butt or Smith the season we went down? I will never, ever forget. That player is only one injury to Tiote away from making a return to the team. Looked completely off the pace against Stevenage for goodness sake.

Nolan never once played alongside Smith the season we went down, you utter mug.

For a guy who is supposedly so poor and worthless, you'd think Kaka wouldn't have to make stuff up to prove his point.

The Nolan-Barton "this group of lads" ethos is far more important to the team than any individual player. (Even :tiote:)

We need him for the foreseeable. In the meantime, 15-odd goals a season from midfield isn't bad.

Kaka, you seem to miss that I'm more than happy to be proved wrong if I've criticized our players. Nolan's won me over and I'm delighted about it. Contrast this with continued insults and vitriol towards a bloke who is currently 3rd top scorer in the Premier League.

Kaka, you seem to miss that I'm more than happy to be proved wrong if I've criticized our players. Nolan's won me over and I'm delighted about it. Contrast this with continued insults and vitriol towards a bloke who is currently 3rd top scorer in the Premier League.

:clap:

The fact that a midfielder at a newly promoted club is the premier league's joint third highest scorer, and is still getting so much criticism is frankly ridiculous.

We've had years of apparently hard working players who struggle to score from midfield and we moan about it. We now have a player who can score from midfield, and we want rid for a harder working player who looks a bit fitter.

Pointing to the fact that Nolan looks better because Tiote does the graft in midfield misses the point slightly. Tiote also looks immense as a defensive midfielder as he is given so much of that work to do in the system that the team play. They are both doing their jobs fantasically well at the moment.

Nolan has 'won me over' as well, in that although I agree with Kaka that his mobility is embarrassing, I accept that he's one part of our well-functioning midfield and there's no real reason to drop him.

Still think that picture changes when Tiote isn't playing, but obviously it's not realistic to expect Nolan to be dropped every time Tiote is out.

:clap:

The fact that a midfielder at a newly promoted club is the premier league's joint third highest scorer, and is still getting so much criticism is frankly ridiculous.

We've had years of apparently hard working players who struggle to score from midfield and we moan about it. We now have a player who can score from midfield, and we want rid for a harder working player who looks a bit fitter.

Pointing to the fact that Nolan looks better because Tiote does the graft in midfield misses the point slightly. Tiote also looks immense as a defensive midfielder as he is given so much of that work to do in the system that the team play. They are both doing their jobs fantasically well at the moment.

We generally haven't invested well in that position, Lee and Dyer being probably the two most successful examples. Bowyer came on a free, Emre was not cut out for English football and Parker was really a defensive midfielder. I honestly wish we'd given Darren Ambrose a shot there or Milner.

We just used to spunk money on forwards and try to solve the famous NUFC defensive problems by buying £10m CBs, who also turned out to be shit.

Our midfield offering no protection to the defense and no support to the attack has been a problem for ages, particularly the defensive aspect. Really pleased it is working better now.

Nolan has 'won me over' as well, in that although I agree with Kaka that his mobility is embarrassing, I accept that he's one part of our well-functioning midfield and there's no real reason to drop him.

Still think that picture changes when Tiote isn't playing, but obviously it's not realistic to expect Nolan to be dropped every time Tiote is out.

Agreed, it's not world-class marthon runner standard, but it's really nowhere near as bad as so many of you imply. He's conditioned to perform for 90minutes, not 3hours.

He should be looking visibly tired by 80minutes+ if he's been giving 110% to the cause.

Nail on head here:

The Nolan-Barton "this group of lads" ethos is far more important to the team than any individual player. (Even :tiote:)

We need him for the foreseeable. In the meantime, 15-odd goals a season from midfield isn't bad.

We just used to spunk money on forwards and try to solve the famous NUFC defensive problems by buying £10m CBs, who also turned out to be shit.

Our midfield offering no protection to the defense and no support to the attack has been a problem for ages, particularly the defensive aspect. Really pleased it is working better now.

good point. nolan won me over too fwiw, he's clearly very important to the team.

Guest firetotheworks

Nolan is a limited footballer, but does a lot with what he has. He himself has said that Cheick helps him do what he does, but Nolan helps the entire team by scoring goals, and being imo an excellent captain with a priceless impact on the attitude and morale in the team. To say that he contributes little is clueless, and exactly the type of inane, idiotic bitterness that we've all come to expect from Kaka.

Nolan is a limited footballer, but does a lot with what he has. He himself has said that Cheick helps him do what he does, but Nolan helps the entire team by scoring goals, and being imo an excellent captain with a priceless impact on the attitude and morale in the team. To say that he contributes little is clueless, and exactly the type of inane, idiotic bitterness that we've all come to expect from Kaka.

He is NOT a limited footballer, he just can't be botherd.

How does Lampard get in the England team ahead of Nolan btw. It's ridiculous based on this years form. How can any of us say Nolan wouldn't be good for England when he's not been given a chance?

Don't get me wrong, Nolan isn't the be all end all, but how come so many shit players have constantly been given a chance at international level and yet he hasn't yet?

Nolan is fucking quality, and he is part of the balanced midfield we have. Jonas, Barton and Tiote cover all the ground required to contribute to our defensive needs, and as a result this gives Nolan the chance to be a target man/playmaker and focus on talking and organizing the team.

If the one thing people can complain about it lack of mobility, I think they need to look at previous Newcastle greats - Robert (did fuck all defensively), Ginola was the same, Nobby wasn't the most mobile towards the end but ending on Nobby he had a footballing mind that would beat any of the Kieron Dyers or Obafemi Martins of this world. Nolan is of a similar type.

I personally don't believe there's many better (available) players for this club than Nolan atm, especially not when to get someone better it would cost at least £20million or some sort of miracle signing.

The truth is somewhere inbetween these ridiculous extremes.  :lol:

Agreed, it's not world-class marthon runner standard, but it's really nowhere near as bad as so many of you imply. He's conditioned to perform for 90minutes, not 3hours.

He should be looking visibly tired by 80minutes+ if he's been giving 110% to the cause.

Nail on head here:

Your point would be all well and good - except he looks knackered and immobile after 8 minutes, never mind 80 minutes.

Nail on head here:

Your point would be all well and good - except he looks knackered and immobile after 8 minutes, never mind 80 minutes.

Your point would be all well and good if there were any actual evidence of our midfield being overrun as a result of his apparent lack of mobility.

I still think his game is very limited, regardless of how many goals he's scored. I think it's quite likely that he doesn't go through the same green patch next season and more people will come to realise what a limited footballer he is. I'll also say that our 'style' isn't affected when he's not playing, but it is when Tiote is not because Tiote is the spine of our team. Nolan's taken a lot of the chances that's come his way this season and for that he deserves a lot of credit, but I don't think it's likely that he's third joint Prem scorer next season at this stage of the season.