Telegraph: Leeds 'interested' in Alan Smith

Decky

If leeds can't afford him but they are willing to cover his wages I'd be tempted to give him to them for free while us recieving a fee upon promotion.

Smith would have to take a pay cut for that to work.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Nothing in this story according to a few NE journo's.  NUFC do not want to sell :weep:

Probably being groomed as our future manager... in 6 months time.

You don't have anybody else to cover for Tiote, I'm afraid. Would be a complicated bit of business to sell him and line up an adequate replacement in less than 3 weeks if the club hasn't actively been looking for one.

Playing with ten men would be an adequate replacement over Smith.

The whole myth that Smith "works hard" is a load of drivel as far as I'm concerned.

All his game involves in standing on the back foot's toes. He doesn't hustle and bustle for a full match like he used to - simply because his legs went a long time ago.

"I think he wants to get up front now and get a hat-trick if he's got one in the locker somewhere. I haven't seen that on the training ground yet though!"

:iamatwat:

Aye I was bit shocked when I read ""He's had to change his game with injuries and the age he's at, but that doesn't mean to say he can't play a more forward role.

"I just said to him I'll use him where I think we might benefit from him.

"I think it's got him excited.

"I think he wants to get up front now and get a hat-trick if he's got one in the locker somewhere. I haven't seen that on the training ground yet though!"

Two England internationals in Smith & AC is upfront let the good times roll!!!!