Everton v Newcastle United - Sat 18th September (3pm)

Skeletor

Wish we'd be able to pull off one of those "Oh hey we're a newly promoted side and we're gonna pull off a shock result" performances. Unlikely since we're slower than a bunch of statues...and we have a horrible record at Goodison.

And beating Villa 6-0 wasn't a shock?

I meant away from home. We're notorious for being unable to win away games in the big league.

Today was a home game, Man Utd is well Man Utd, we got a decent point away to Wolves and were unlucky not to win, and the Everton game hasn't came around yet, oh and we beat Accrington away from home in the cup.

Wish we'd be able to pull off one of those "Oh hey we're a newly promoted side and we're gonna pull off a shock result" performances. Unlikely since we're slower than a bunch of statues...and we have a horrible record at Goodison.

I meant away from home. We're notorious for being unable to win away games in the big league.

Today was a home game, Man Utd is well Man Utd, we got a decent point away to Wolves and were unlucky not to win, and the Everton game hasn't came around yet, oh and we beat Accrington away from home in the cup.

We were lucky at Wolves. If the ref gave them the penalty it would likely have been 2-0 and all over.

We were lucky at Wolves. If the ref gave them the penalty it would likely have been 2-0 and all over.

And if one of our chances wnet in, or their keeper din't make a goodsave, or Henry was red carded as he should have been it would have been a different game in our favour.

And if one of our chances wnet in, or their keeper din't make a goodsave, or Henry was red carded as he should have been it would have been a different game in our favour.

Not taking chances isn't being unlucky. It's being poor in front of goal.

Everton v Newcastle United. Saturday 18th September @ 15.00.

Time to look ahead, now that the adrenalin has seeped somewhat out of your veins. It was yet another case of F*ck off Everton/Well in Everton that we have to come to expect but make no mistakes, how plain exhilaratingly great did that feel?

Such are the margins in fusbal that a rather boss two minutes sends us into this match with a bit of optimism but still awaiting our first win of the season. And oh hello! I recognise that swagger: it's everyone's favourite second team of the nineties, Newcastle FC are back and even more massive than before.

Well except they're not really. The soccer God took away all their cheddar and bestowed it on Man City leaving Newcastle like a skinned fox, vulnerable and not so pretty.

After tonking Villa all over the show they were firmly brought back down to Planet Bell by Blackpool beating them at home. Still, they're above us in the table and were not looking exactly so super after pre season visions of sexing the entire opposition of the Premiership with much gusto. Andy Carroll is a lump, a big lump, who with an appropriate haircut would probably be the darling of the Lower Gwladys belting all sorts of headers in against the likes of Bolton and Wigan. There is a smattering of talent throughout the team so they cannot be wrote off too easily, as we have a massive problem of scoring goals which proves a slight hindrance in this soccer lark. Shoeless baiting aside, this turn into anything but if we traipse (an ace mar word that) into Goodison and expect to pick up the three points at a canter.

I'm starting to think that Moyes is a little dizzy with having viable options to decide from picking a starting eleven. After Man United got onto our very cunning plan of playing five defenders and five midfielders (and thankfully one Tim Howard) we looked just that wee much better with having a recognised striker on the pitch, even if Yakubu is auditioning for the part of Jordan's son in her next movie. If someone gets him on the treadmill there is no doubting how much we have missed him, he just makes that 4-5-1 work and his Nigerian magic dust rubs on Cahill too who has a foil for his clattering into opposition defenders. And please, Osman on the right really doesn't work. Distin is shite. The late goals, which is one of the things which define the Moyes period, are great but it would just be nice to put someone to bed in a non fussed 2-0.

The season really has to start somewhere, and preferably not in the usual November time slot. We've got about ninety four minutes to do it on Saturday, come on Everton.

http://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/30373-Everton-v-Newcastle-United.-Saturday-18th-September-15.00.

3-1 Everton. They're much better than us.

I never forecast results, Dave, but that looks about right.

This is as difficult a game as we could have wished for after the Blackpool debacle. Everton will be on a roll after their comeback against Man U and they will have far too much in midfield for us. Arteta will have a field day, just as Charlie Adam did unless there are changes to the Newcastle midfield.

This is where the reality of the PL begins - we had a fairy tale home start and a decent performance at Wolves, but in the other 2 games we always looked like losing. Everton are not Top 4 material, but if we lose heavily there it will be a bad indicator of how the season could pan out.

Harper

Raylor Campbell Will Jose

Rout Tiote Ben Arfa Guti

Loven Carroll

Subs. krul, perch, colo, nolan, ameobi, barton, ranger

No way in the world would I put Guthrie on the wing, he's absolutely dire there. Edit My mistake

Harper

Raylor Campbell Will Jose

Rout Tiote Ben Arfa  Guti

Loven Carroll

Subs. krul, perch, colo, nolan, ameobi, barton, ranger

No way in the world would I put Guthrie on the wing, he's absolutely dire there.

I fail to see the presence of Guthrie in that line-up.

If Smith is out, it's very possible for us to steal a point there. Their midfield is far superior but they've got fuck all up front.

If Distin and Hibbert plays then we'll have some joy attacking and we all know that Carroll's going to cause them some trouble so there's still a chance of us nicking a goal and coming out with a point.

Would love to see HBA behind a front two and also would love to see us use Ranger..  never going to happen as we do not have the squad for that type formation.

---------------Harps

Colo------Sol--------Willi-----Jose

----------------Tiote

----Rout-------------------Jonas

----------------Arfa

------Carroll----------Ranger

Everton haven't won a game all season, they're coming off the back of a brilliant fightback against Manchester United. After a good, strong start to the season we slumped to a pathetic defeat against a team we should have easily beaten. This has 4-0 Everton written all over it.

It's pretty mental to think that CH will drop Nolan as he's the first player Chris picks every single game! I'm surprised to see how good signings CH has made so far but I'm a bit afraid that Ben Arfa will be used as "super sub" role this season no matter how good/bad his performances are. And then after some 20+ games he will be forgotten as we cannot afford to play him anymore... :idiot2:

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Would love to see HBA behind a front two and also would love to see us use Ranger..  never going to happen as we do not have the squad for that type formation.

---------------Harps

Colo------Sol--------Willi-----Jose

----------------Tiote

----Rout-------------------Jonas

----------------Arfa

------Carroll----------Ranger

Ranger? :lol: