Everton v Newcastle United - Sat 18th September (3pm)

Skeletor

Surely its Ferguson style mind games from Hughton, and hes really going all out attack 4-3-3

Harps

Raylor    Williamson  Colo  Jose

Barton  Tiote      Jonas

Routledge    Carroll    Benarfa

That would be suicide :lol:

I really want to see Ben Arfa though, the lad is so much better than anything we've got. I still find it hard to believe that we signed a player of his quality.

Can you imagine the confusion down the left though :lol:

That would be suicide :lol:

I really want to see Ben Arfa though, the lad is so much better than anything we've got. I still find it hard to believe that we signed a player of his quality.

Can you imagine the confusion down the left though :lol:

Jose pushing forward, Jonas supporting him, Ben Arfa acting as left sided attacker and Routledge switching wings during the game - at least Carroll would get a bit of service from the left :lol:

Is Hibbert still their right back? Mightn't be the worst idea in the world actually to go with Jose, Jonas and Ben Arfa to try and exploit that weakness and maybe shuffle Barton on the right to cope with Baines and Arteta to help Perch out, and then bringing in Tiote.

As I said, Hibbert isn't actually that bad defensively. It's just he'll probably cause you about zero threat from that flank offensively. Personally I'd play Coleman there anyway.

If Distin plays like he did versus Man Utd, we should have a fair chance of getting a point, or 3!

While if the rest of Everton also plays like did against Man U, we don't have much of a chance to get a point, never mind three.

Surely its Ferguson style mind games from Hughton, and hes really going all out attack 4-3-3

Harps

Raylor    Williamson   Colo   Jose

Barton   Tiote      Jonas

Routledge    Carroll     Benarfa

Thatwould be really nice formation

Serious questions to be asked if Alan Smith features, the fucking charlatan. Ben Arfa must play too and he won't replace Smith so big decisions to be made. In our last top flight season, Hughton bottled team selection on a few occasions but has really redeemed himself since. He must not do it again.

Judging by the new training pictures, it'll be the same team (orange bib 'theory').

Bit stupid tbh, Jonas isn't wearing one, Barton and Perch aren't wearing one as well. On the other hand, Enrique, Colo and Raylor all are wearing a orange bib.

Serious questions to be asked if Alan Smith features, the fucking charlatan. Ben Arfa must play too and he won't replace Smith so big decisions to be made. In our last top flight season, Hughton bottled team selection on a few occasions but has really redeemed himself since. He must not do it again.

Aye it's a big test for him.

Much as I wanted to see Ben Arfa start last weekend, going with the same team that played well two games in a row was probably the logical call. But with so many desperate individual performances and a bad overall team performance against Blackpool, I'd like to see change.

Tiote in for Smith seems like a no-brainer, and Ben Arfa in for one of Nolan or Jonas should happen too. I'd be inclined to take out Nolan, because I reckon Jonas' workrate will be needed against Everton and Nolan will likely be a passenger again if he plays. You can make a case for either of them getting the boot though.

Very hard to see that same 11 getting anything other than a comfortbale beating tomorrow.

I'm told Cahill's injured, is this common knowledge?

Just skimmed two Everton forums, no-one else seems aware of it at present.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2010/09/17/phil-jagielka-blues-are-too-uptight-during-games-100252-27285000/

The Blues look likely to face Newcastle without Tim Cahill, who is understood to be injured.

With the Aussie likely to be out for a week, it means David Moyes’ new strike force of Cahill and Fellaini will have to be dismantled already.

Cahill’s injury could pave the way for Yakubu to start against Newcastle, although Moyes has admitted the Nigerian is not ready to play 90 minutes yet.

Jermaine Beckford will also be in contention, as the Blues look to find the right formula up front.