Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

Guest Brazilianbob

I can see him getting at least 6 this season. Looks a goal threat all of a sudden.

probably because he's no longer the only creative spark in the team. Teams used to double up on him, now they can't afford to.

Cabaye Tiote

Obertan              Jonas

Ben Arfa

Sameobi

Who would you mark?!  Awesome!

All of them.  Thats how you stop teams scoring against you!

His work rate and ability to run with the ball up the pitch has been invaluable for us for 3 years.

FYP

:thup: When he got dropped for Routledge last season seemed to really give him a kick up the arse.

I did think as well at the start of the Championship season he didn't look that arsed and wasn't putting in the effort we've come to expect from him. Although I am happy to admit, that could have been fatigue due to his style of play.

He's always going to split opinions. He's a wide player who doesn't go wide and whip crosses in on a consistent basis, which rightly or wrongly in this country automatically makes him shit. Like I've said during games I constantly bemoan his faults, but often when I look back after the game and watch highlights I remember his strengths and what he does offer us.

It's glaringly obvious how much we miss him when he's out of the team. Nearly all our good results involve Jonas having good games.

I reckon if he stays another 2 or 3 years he will go down a cult hero tbh, being a useful player is fine enough but the its easy to forget how mental it is that he puts a spiderman mask on to celebrate, like we sorta take it for granted nowadays (though it would be nice if premier league rules would allow it!)

I reckon if he stays another 2 or 3 years he will go down a cult hero tbh, being a useful player is fine enough but the its easy to forget how mental it is that he puts a spiderman mask on to celebrate, like we sorta take it for granted nowadays (though it would be nice if premier league rules would allow it!)

He is already.

Guest Rainforest

valuable player for us but he needs competition to be at his best.

From what I can tell his performances take a hit if hes a given week out week in.

Call me mad, but I've got a feeling he's gonna plunder atleast 5 goals in the league this season. Come on Jonas :jonas:

Fingers crossed.

I suspect he'll look even better with other clever, attacking players to share the burden when we're at full strength. With Santon behind him he might be more inclined to play more offensively rather than focussing more on tracking back as helping out as he has seemed to so far this season although I've no idea how reliable Santon is at the back, read mixed reviews.