Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

Recalled to the Argentina squad which is travelling to Asia in a few weeks time. :undecided:

No Colo though.

http://www.pagina12.com.ar/diario/deportes/8-174807-2011-08-19.html

Arqueros: Mariano Andújar (Catania), Sergio Romero (Sampdoria), Esteban Andrada (Lanús).

Defensores: Martín Demichelis (Málaga, foto), Federico Fernández (Nápoli), Nicolás Burdisso (Roma), Ezequiel Garay (Benfica), Nicolás Otamendi (Porto), Pablo Zabaleta (Manchester City), Cristian Ansaldi (Rubín Kazán); Nicolás Pareja y Marcos Rojo (Spartak Moscú);

mediocampistas: Ever Banega (Valencia), Javier Mascherano (Barcelona), Ricardo Alvarez (Inter), Fabián Rinaudo (Sporting Lisboa), Jonás Gutiérrez (Newcastle), Javier Pastore (PSG), Luis González (Olympique Marsella) y José Sosa (Metallist);

delanteros: Angel Di María y Gonzalo Higuaín (Real Madrid), Lionel Messi (Barcelona), Eduardo Salvio (Atlético Madrid), Sergio Agüero (Manchester City) y Lisandro López (Lyon).

Guest CheickMansour

Find it hard to believe all those defenders are better than Colo like.

I don't think they are tbh.

Anyway, congratulations to Jonas. Always an honour to be called up to the Argentina squad.

Colo not getting picked is not a good thing for us. You think he's not desperate to play in the next World Cup? On a team which will have a very good chance to win, no less?

If he has a great season again and still can't get a look in then I'd worry he'll feel the need to move to a CL club.

Colo not getting picked is not a good thing for us. You think he's not desperate to play in the next World Cup? On a team which will have a very good chance to win, no less?

If he has a great season again and still can't get a look in then I'd worry he'll feel the need to move to a CL club.

I know but surely the fact that Jonas gets in the squad would make him think he doesn't need to move to get in the squad then.

I know but surely the fact that Jonas gets in the squad would make him think he doesn't need to move to get in the squad then.

Fair point.

Jonas has long been established as part of the squad though, whereas they don't seem to know Colo exists. Strange like, as Colo is a vastly better player than Jonas.