Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

Guest ToonUltra

Crikey, didn't see that coming. He had ages left.

Wonder why?

2 years apparently...

Manager Alan Pardew said: "Jonas is an integral part of the future of Newcastle United and we are delighted to have signed a new contract with him. As a seasoned

international player, he adds a different dimension to our play when he is on the field and is a huge asset to us.

"Jonas can turn a game in an instant, he has marvellous ball skills, a terrific work rate and in my time here, has hardly missed a game.

"That's the sort of consistency, fitness and performance wise, that a manager looks for in a player."

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20110927/new-deal-for-gutierrez_2281670_2464442

Jonas Gutierrez has agreed a new four-year contract with Newcastle United.

Argentine international Gutierrez, who has started all six of the Magpies' Barclays Premier League fixtures as they have made an unbeaten start to the campaign, said he had "no hestitation" in putting pen to paper on the deal.

His contract already had almost two years to run but it has now been extended to take him up until 2015.

The 28-year-old - nicknamed Spiderman - joined United from Real Mallorca in the summer of 2008 and his recent form has seen him recalled to the Argentina national team.

Jonas said: "I've said many times that I love playing for Newcastle. I love the city, the fans and the team. So I had no hesitation in signing a new contract. It has been a good start to the season and this is a great place to be.

"I am proud that the manager and the board see me as part of the long-term future of Newcastle. I have always given my best here and I will always do that."

Manager Alan Pardew said: "Jonas is an integral part of the future of Newcastle United and we are delighted to have signed a new contract with him. As a seasoned international player, he adds a different dimension to our play when he is on the field and is a huge asset to us.

"Jonas can turn a game in an instant, he has marvellous ball skills, a terrific work rate and in my time here, has hardly missed a game.

"That's the sort of consistency, fitness and performance wise, that a manager looks for in a player."

"he has marvellous ball skills, a terrific work rate and in my time here, has hardly missed a game.

can we think of another player like that who needs a new deal...

Never, ever expected that. Delighted tbh.

I thought this was going to be his last season here.

Great news. Colo and Sammy next.

How manye years has Krul got left on his deal?

this isn't a dig at enrique but does anyone think jonas has played better since jose left ? not dropping back onto the full backs toes and narrowing the game right down ?

Hard to say. Jonas + Enrique + Tiote/Cabaye never got a shot. We could be missing out on ridiculous play.

Tiote is starting to sneak over and take the crosses that Enrique used to try, though. Doing quite well too.

If Santon ends up being a capable LB, we'll officially no longer miss Jose.