Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

He gets MOTM when there's no stand-out because of his work ethic. No harm in it, but it's fucking lazy.

He was my MOTM because i thought he was our best player over the course of the game. Cabaye's a competitor cos he was the matchwinner, and Colo had a good game but came out too quickly on a few occasions in the first half. It wasn't his most attacking performance, but Jonas didn't put a foot wrong up and down the wing tbh. Constantly offered himself, ran at players and won possession back. It was a game tailor-made for his best attributes, and that showed.

:lol: So Colo performs fantastically for over a season in the PL and doesn't get a look in. Jonas actually improves for us and gets kicked out.

It's no wonder really, the magedia obviously hasn't got a grip on South America, yet.

Guest Roger Kint

The Argentine selection policy is madly inconsistent, and that's being kind. Haven't they used about 1000 players in the last year?

Down to only picking 'local' players for some games rather than ferry over the Euro boys iirc. Hardly a huge shock he isnt picked tbh, they have plenty of good players to pick from. Colo is a much bigger surprise.

The Argentine selection policy is madly inconsistent, and that's being kind. Haven't they used about 1000 players in the last year?

Argentina have effectively had 3 national teams in the past year.

The one that played in the Copa America, the one that played in high money friendlies prior to the Copa America but weren't in the Copa squad and the domestic/South American based only players squad.

He hasn't been getting a look in anyway when he's been in the squad so not the end of the world for him not to go all the way over there.

Coloccini on the other hand  :icon_scratch:

Guest Heneage

The one that played in the Copa America, the one that played in high money friendlies prior to the Copa America but weren't in the Copa squad and the domestic/South American based only players squad.

He hasn't been getting a look in anyway when he's been in the squad so not the end of the world for him not to go all the way over there.

I asked that Ed Maaylon you follow on Twitter why he isn't picked and he just scoffed at it like they had a wealth of options. Is that the case?

I asked that Ed Maaylon you follow on Twitter why he isn't picked and he just scoffed at it like they had a wealth of options. Is that the case?

In defence? They have options but I wouldn't call it a wealth. Most of their centre backs are firmly in the decent but not class category, certainly not way ahead of Colo. Demechelis, Burdisso and Fernandez are no world beaters. Even Otamendi isn't in this time for some reason.

I would imagine his main problem is, like a lot of South Americans who leave early, he has little profile back home in Argentina and therefore isn't on the radar much plus the insularlism that occurs within Argie fans where they'd prefer to see someone who plays in the Primera ahead of someone abroad.