Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

Alan smith with a pony tail.

Very harsh.

Was poor for the first 2 goals and shouldn't have been playing left back when Haidara was on the bench but who actually played well yesterday other than perhaps Marveaux in patches.

You'd hope not. The lad's an awful, awful footballer but he's always been a great guy and a model pro.

Would agree. He does whatever is asked of him, plays anywhere he's told to and tries his best - he's just not very good.

To be honest, we can't ask for much more from him, it's the people that are giving him games that need sorted out.

It makes me even more angry at folk like Shola who is a combination of utterly useless and lazy as fuck.

Alan smith with a pony tail.

Very harsh.

Was poor for the first 2 goals and shouldn't have been playing left back when Haidara was on the bench but who actually played well yesterday other than perhaps Marveaux in patches.

Harsh on Smith? Possibly.

The most bizarre thing and sums Pardew up totally is why would you play a midfielder at left back when you have a left back available.

Said the same about Ryan Taylor playing left back last season,

The most bizarre thing and sums Pardew up totally is why would you play a midfielder at left back when you have a left back available.

Were you complaining about it before kick off though? When I saw the lineup I would have preferred Haidara but I certainly wasn't griping about Jonas starting there too much as I could see the merit in it, hes been playing well there for a couple of games prior to this one, it also allowed a more attacking player such as Marveaux to be occupying the space Jonas would usually play and be ineffective in.

Were you complaining about it before kick off though? When I saw the lineup I would have preferred Haidara but I certainly wasn't griping about Jonas starting there too much as I could see the merit in it, hes been playing well there for a couple of games prior to this one, it also allowed a more attacking player such as Marveaux to be occupying the space Jonas would usually play and be ineffective in.

Complained as soon as seen it. I hate the bloke and hate the fact that Pardew always finds a way to include him. He is the most limited footballer in the team, where Haidara appears capable of passing the ball, defending etc, Jonas gets ball, runs in straight line, falls over / loses ball. Rinse and repeat, he is an awful footballer who has no place at this level anymore

Complained as soon as seen it. I hate the bloke and hate the fact that Pardew always finds a way to include him. He is the most limited footballer in the team, where Haidara appears capable of passing the ball, defending etc, Jonas gets ball, runs in straight line, falls over / loses ball. Rinse and repeat, he is an awful footballer who has no place at this level anymore

That's either really pathetic or an absurd use of the English language.

That's either really pathetic or an absurd use of the English language.

Ok, maybe should say I hate having the bloke in our team. He's a decent professional

That's not true though. He's woefully misused.

I will continue to maintain that he has more composure on the ball and is a better defender than Tiote, and should be played in central midfield ahead of Tiote (though Anita should be ahead of both).

I suppose I will have to take your word on that one but I don't think the actual starting lineup was the issue yesterday, it was the gameplan or lack thereof that fucked us over, not to mention the substitutions.

The main inclusion in the starting lineup that pissed me off was Tiote, what exactly has he done this season to merit a starting berth over the likes of Perch and even Anita? Hes been turboshit all this and big parts of last season.

I suppose I will have to take your word on that one but I don't think the actual starting lineup was the issue yesterday, it was the gameplan or lack thereof that f***ed us over, not to mention the substitutions.

The main inclusion in the starting lineup that p*ssed me off was Tiote, what exactly has he done this season to merit a starting berth over the likes of Perch and even Anita? Hes been turboshit all this and big parts of last season.

I just don't think Jonas is a full back or winger. He has performed reasonably in a 3 man midfield before and maybe uses his strengths better there. I think if you have a Left back in the squad he should be the preferred player in that position

That's not true though. He's woefully misused.

I will continue to maintain that he has more composure on the ball and is a better defender than Tiote, and should be played in central midfield ahead of Tiote (though Anita should be ahead of both).

Agree with this. Never had a problem with Jonas when he's been played CM. Retains possesion quite well. I dont know if its a fitness thing with him, Used to love his marauding runs down the wing (which we still see on rare occassions now) but he just seems so ineffective most of the time out there.

He's been poor for quite a while now. Needs moving on this summer.

last three or four he's been good, including one mainly at left back. like i've said before, many were happy with his being at left back today.

historically mind, I'm a "he's a squad player at best" type guy.

Agree with this what I'll add is that he was playing very well against Fulham(2nd half he was absolutely brilliant) and if you look at the effort he has been putting in for that game and Benfica especially you'd expect him to be fucked for this game. Shouldn't have started for me but obviously he should still have done hell of a lot better.

2 points Alan.

Firstly, if that's the case, don't go around declaring immediately after a game that players will definitely start the next match.

Secondly, don't pull the he was tired card when they guy you played ahead of him actually played about half an hour more in the match you were referring to.

Yes Haidara had a few weeks out injured, but he looks a fit lad and Jonas had played 3 games in the previous 10 days. Don't say you didn't want to chuck him into a big game either - you did it with Fergie against Man U.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/newcastle-jonas-gutierrez-worst-week-1840297

Jonas Gutierrez has admitted the derby defeat to Sunderland has caused his "worst ever week" at Newcastle.

The Argentine midfielder reckons he and his team-mates have created a "sad city" - and a mood which has been even worse than when the club was relegated from the Premier League four years ago.

Boss Alan Pardew has shaken up the training regime this week, using St James' Park as the base, and the team will travel to West Brom on Saturday needing points to guarantee top flight survival.

Gutierrez said: "I think it's the worst week since I've been at the club. To lose like that at home is something that I feel will make all the team be sad. The city is sad - they did not enjoy.

"Of course, to be relegated is hard, but this has been a worse week.

"I know we are talking about one game that I think it is more important for them and to lose the derbies is something very painful for the squad.

"I have stayed at home all week. I haven't been out because of the result. It's the same with all the squad. What can you say to the fans because they ask you what happened? It's about action not words.

"It's done now. We can't do anything about that Sunderland game so now we have to focus on the last five games that we have in this season because we are in a situation that isn't easy, but it's not the worst.

"There are many teams fighting to take the points to make sure they are in a good position in the final league places.

"We have a good opportunity now against West Brom to go away and get three points because it is something we are not doing so well this year to go away and to win we have struggled so we have to improve that.

"We are not finished this season, it was the hardest week to lose the derby 3-0 at home. We can only think positive and that we have a really good squad.

"I know that all the supporters are having a really hard week. It's hurts because I come from Argentina and we know what derbies mean."

Guest diddimz

Always thought Jonas' was a great guy, and a great professional, its a shame that a few good weeks worth of performances will be forgotten because of his display on the weekend.

Guest Roger Kint

Doesn't deserve the abuse like.

Shit or not he's still a Newcastle player.

As long as he isnt Shola/Williamson/Simpson/manager or any other staff you mean? :lol: