Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

I'd still like to keep him, but only as part of a midfield 3 and as a squad player rather than the first name on the team sheet like he is now.

Same.  Fine as a squad player but should never play out wide for us ever again.

I don't really want to move him on that much, as long as we aren't going to play him every week.

This is it though, with Pardew around he's a guaranteed starter. He may have this work rate everyone goes on about but he has no other positive attributes as a footballer, which is a shame as he used to be very useful. His passing is diabolical, ball retention is as bad and it's a dear diary moment if he ever scores.

Hopefully everybody will be fit for the first few games and we'll be able to try out a midfield without Jonas. Wishful thinking possibly.

You'll all be pleased to know he isn't planning on leaving reading his Twittah.

No issue at all with him being here as long as next season he's used as a squad player. :thup:

No issue at all with him being here as long as next season he's used as a squad player. :thup:

As I said ages ago he's fine for a back up CM player if needed, no more/no less. Had a couple of very decent games there Feb/March, Anzhi in particular.

In a non-frightened about losing players for nowt world he'd be out of contract next season and he could go back to Velez/whoever.

As I said ages ago he's fine for a back up CM player if needed, no more/no less. Had a couple of very decent games there Feb/March, Anzhi in particular.

In a non-frightened about losing players for nowt world he'd be out of contract next season and he could go back to Velez/whoever.

:thup:

jonas gutierrez ‏@elgalgojonas 18s

Five years ago i sign my contract with newcastle today 5 years later i can said it was the Best decisión, great club, fans and great moments

Such delusion.  :love:

I can never understand the hatred people have for this man. An excellent squad member to have at the club.

Totally agree.

He has had a shitty season. He has shown that he is a capable player though. Hopefully he'll come back in form again, then he is a great versatile squad player to have.

Guest Lalasialex

I can never understand the hatred people have for this man. An excellent squad member to have at the club.

Agree, but the problem is Pardew choosing him over the likes of Marve and Gouffran... He's not used as a squadplayer...

I dont hate him but come on, he's awful man. Last season he was consistently poor, game by game and imo he's been past his best for a long time.

Pardew plays him week in week out and he offers nothing defensively or offensively, so it may be the managers fault.

I dont hate him but come on, he's awful man. Last season he was consistently poor, game by game and imo he's been past his best for a long time.

Pardew plays him week in week out and he offers nothing defensively or offensively, so it may be the managers fault.

People direct that hatred towards Jonas because he is starting when he shouldn't be. He doesn't deserve it. He plays anywhere he is put and gives 110 percent every game which can't be said for a lot of the rest. Even the last game of the season against Arsenal, he was one of the few that was chasing everything and not giving up when the rest couldn't wait for the full time whistle. Next season he could be a valuable squad member and play the role Perch did this season, coming in when a position has been taken through injury/suspension and doing a job, or coming on in games to see things out to get some fresh legs on, i’ve no doubt Jonas would fit this role very well. The hatred towards him personally is unnecessary and imo shameful.

Guest bimpy474

If you ever want to see a player past his best, way past his best. Jonas is it.

Nice lad, not good enough to get on the bench let alone being an undroppable automatic starter, just ridiculous.

Of course no one deserves abuse, it's not called for.

Dont dispute his work rate or his effort, its commendable. Quite simply however that is his sole plus point as a footballer and Pardew is crazy enough to have him playing every week. When a player can barely pass a ball 10 yards it's worrying.

Like I say nothing personal but i'd sell if it were up to me.

He's crap in every position, that's the difference.

His crap is still better than Perch's good.

Disagree entirely.

All about opinions, obviously that was an exaggerated one but i do feel if i had to pick one or the other to be on my side, it would be a no brainer and take Jonas. I don't have anything against Perch, i don't hate him, i know what he offers and what he doesn't offer, i just feel Jonas gives the team more. Perch has his haters and i think it's unfair as well. There were many times last season where Perch did Cabaye's running for him yet come the end of the game, it's Perch taking the flack and Cabaye being applauded off the pitch when he's had a stinker. My main point was i just don't understand the hatred the likes of Perch/Jonas attract.

I think Newcastle fans are cunts in general towards players anyways to be honest. You can be a fan favourite one season, and then they will want to sell you the following season. Or the flip side, they will want you sold one season, then you will turn in to a cult hero the next.