Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

It's important not to use him, or expect him to play, as a "winger" because swinging crosses in is not his game. There's loads of players have played wide very successfully in the Premier League without getting cross after cross in, especially for teams that play on the deck - look at Ljungberg and Pires.

Get him running at people but with the players around him to allow him to drift into the box and release it short, he's a tremendous player.

BINGO :thup:

Personally thought he was sloppy today. Great gaol mind.

He certainly didn't take any prisoners when he picked up the ball and drove infield.

Totally disagree like, he was our best outfield player for me today.

http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/127752460.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789219B309651A2344B3F878ED5AA50E4DBB367FF7D1165713F2D28C6F579098F00A3

http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/127752636.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789219B309651A2344B3F0818FD0938795BBC67FF7D1165713F2D7910F447ACF0E2F3

http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/127752474.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789219B309651A2344B3F791B553998D7464667FF7D1165713F2D1363B1E7D2ECB9F8

:love:

That goal was just f***ing immense.

I went mental when he scored.  Roared maniacally, probably freaked the neighbours out.

Brilliant goal, brilliant game, brilliant hair, brilliant first name on the back of the shirt, etc etc.

JONAS!  :smitten:

It's important not to use him, or expect him to play, as a "winger" because swinging crosses in is not his game. There's loads of players have played wide very successfully in the Premier League without getting cross after cross in, especially for teams that play on the deck - look at Ljungberg and Pires.

Get him running at people but with the players around him to allow him to drift into the box and release it short, he's a tremendous player.

I agree completely with that analysis, he isn't an out and out winger and the fact he is a "right footer" playing on the left means his crosses will never be of top quality and he will tend to come inside a lot... One thing that stands out, he is full of confidence and his control at pace is outstanding... Falling back in man love again...swoooon!

His goal yesterday was something very special :smitten: :smitten:

:jonas:

One of the alds was calling him shit all game, and we debated it continuously. Needless to say, he was made a mockery of by several people when he scored that beast of a goal.

Guest BooBoo

Delighted for him yesterday. In his time with us he's infuriated me at times with his inconsistency. However I've never really been able to fault his effort and his hard work is a key aspect if the side.

Have we had a player who divides opinion as much as Jonas in recent times?

Other than the 'who's more chronic - perch or smith?' debate, no don't think so. I think he's brill. Other pacy players around him and his fantastic close control playing a quick and short passing game and he's massively effective. His final ball is shite more often than not but he's entertaining, dangerous and has defenses shitting themselves. Great asset to any squad.