Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

To be fair to Jonas he has been stuck out left in the 442 so far this season. He showed at the end of the last season what he offers in the 433 and I would put him back there ahead of Anita for now. I just hope we stick with that system.

really like jonas...but im starting to see what he is missing.

if he is to have a future here then it is in a 3 man midfield like we played yesterday. But if we starting playing that formation then i think he can become really useful and challenge for a start. use him proper in cm and we will still have a good player. doesnt work for him at LW any more....especially not in a 4-3-3.

if he is to have a future here then it is in a 3 man midfield like we played yesterday. But if we starting playing that formation then i think he can become really useful and challenge for a start. use him proper in cm and we will still have a good player. doesnt work for him at LW any more....especially not in a 4-3-3.

Anita, Cabaye and Tiote are all far better players. Don't see where he fits in a 4-3-3.

Anita, Cabaye and Tiote are all far better players. Don't see where he fits in a 4-3-3.

Anita hasn't shown enough to be considered above Jonas. In a 433 or if Jonas is in central midfield his workrate and ability to hold the ball up in tight spots and not lose it and his capability to start off attacking play is really underated here. played in the right place he is still a major asset for us, I just don't think he is right for the left winger spot any more...

It's quite simple really. While we were a team that was struggling to stay in the premier league, Jonas was one of our better players, especially since he was one of our few players with pace in the squad in the past few years. There have always been criticisms of his lack of end product, but at the time we had no better alternatives so it was pointless carping as we had other areas which needed strengthening first.

I think we've moved on enough now that unless he's playing well week in, week out there should be no guaranteed starting place. Ben Arfa is the one who should start, let Jonas fight it out with Obertan and Marveaux for the other wide spot. Ba can also go wide let's not forget.

Jonas isn´t good enough to be a starer. He can do a job as a CM in a 4-3-3, but nothing more then that.

If we play 4-4-2 he shouldn´t start. He offers nothing offensively and it will only invite pressure. Fair enough. Manure is games he should be playing, if he should be playing at all, but not if we plays a 4-4-2.

I think people are understating Anita's performance last night, he kept things ticking over in midfield and played a couple of great through balls and won possession back on numerous occasions.

That being said Jonas should undoubtedly start due to his work rate ( tbf to Anita he's no slouch in that regard either), proven big match performer among other things etc etc.

Better, but a woeful lack of awareness and responsibility shown for the crucial second goal.

Always good against good teams. But his lack of play awareness is letting him and us down against lesser teams.

Did you just repeat what Dave said? :lol:

Better, but a woeful lack of awareness and responsibility shown for the crucial second goal.

Always good against good teams. But his lack of play awareness is letting him and us down against lesser teams.

Did you just repeat what Dave said? :lol:

I didn´t read any post in the thread before I posted...