Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

Guest firetotheworks

I still think he has something to give as back up in a midfield 3. Other than that, he only really offers relentless graft, which tbf still does go a long way with me.

He offered absolutely nothing last night.

Going forward he is easily nudged off the ball or tackled, his passing is horrendous he looks like hes running through treacle when he makes a run with or without pressure from the opposing player.

He does cover the fullback well however hes awful at actually making a tackle, we had 3 players around Kone at times and Gutierrez still felt the need to stand and watch him or not see him onto his weaker foot with Fergie/Santon making last gasp recoveries to win it back.

Is he actually finished as a PL player or is it something else?

He should be educated to play RB imo.

Good shout.

Any other examples of wingers going back to full back later on in their careers?

Nobby.

I like this idea. Push him from winger to central midfielder to right-back to eventually pushing him off the field entirely.

He should be educated to play RB imo.

Good shout.

Any other examples of wingers going back to full back later on in their careers?

Nobby.

I like this idea. Push him from winger to central midfielder to right-back to eventually pushing him off the field entirely.

:lol:

Starting to see a lot of people saying he is taking the easy option by laying it to Santon quite a bit these days. I remember he used to do the same with Enrique back when people were saying what an excellent partnership they had down our left hand side, but the truth was that Enrique was the one being excellent with Jonas more often than not just playing the easy pass to Jose.

I do love Jonas and feel a tad guilty every time I criticise his play.

Lovely Jonas. A perfect professional if ever I've seen one.:)

How i feel too i love him as a player and quite frankly how he comes across as a person so when i do criticize him ( deservedly on most occasions) i do feel guilty but i can't ignore the performances but i can't fault his work rate and commitment to the cause.

He seems such a lovely man too  :love: