Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

Gets the ball, puts his head down and runs about a little bit (not even forward like he used too) then releases the ball with his head still down regardless of what is going on around him.

How can that be beneficial to the team? What does it take for Pardew to see every time Jonas has the ball its coming back at them? Its not creative, he's not trying big passes that may unlock defences and put someone through, we're talking basic 3 to 4 yard passes in the middle of the pitch. It's tragic, we cannot afford passengers and he's safely one of the biggest, even worse than Simpson & Willo for me. They make mistakes, lack concentration but now and then do actually do some decent defending while Jonas hasn't offered anything in about 30 games.

I think if he played in a defensive role he wouldn't get as much criticism. He seems to have lost his legs and pace which he had. Not an attacking threat anymore and should be playing dm or on the bench.

Playing Jonas were he plays now is like playing Tioté or Perch there. Just no point.

I think if he played in a defensive role he wouldn't get as much criticism. He seems to have lost his legs and pace which he had. Not an attacking threat anymore and should be playing dm or on the bench.

Playing Jonas were he plays now is like playing Tioté or Perch there. Just no point.

Exactly. Everyone can see it except the moron who's job it is to not put him there.

He came here an explosive winger and he'll leave a subpar defensive mid. Another Newcastle success story.

It's just what happens when you get older when your game is based on physical attributes rather then technical ones.

I don't recall his decline being as noticeable at the end of last season, is it really a decline solely in this season or is he suffering bad form, confidence and coaching like the others in our side under performing?

Despite debate over a decline, he never had enough ability when it came to crossing or shooting for us. Should be moved on come the summer.

His best parts are his workrate and tenacity. If you have to play him, put him in a midfield three instead of asking him to do what he's barely done since he arrived.

That has to be his position now for sure, the 'water-carrier'. Crazy asking him to play as an attacking winger/forward at the moment.

No coincidence that with him and Santon on the left, we kept a clean sheet and Santon looked better.

Unfortunately, he doesn't offer enough.  What he offers is often easy to miss, with strong workrate and willingness to receive the ball.  But his attacking play is diabolical, and has been since Enrique left.  We're carrying him at the moment, but we're definitely weaker without him as there's no alternatives that offer the positives he does.

I'm starting to get feel the same about Jonas as I did about Nicky Butt in the relegation season.

If he continues to start every game, we'll go down.

While in the relegation season we had no one else to come in, seeing Jonas get picked ahead of Anita and Marveaux will be ridiculously depressing.

I'm starting to get feel the same about Jonas as I did about Nicky Butt in the relegation season.

If he continues to start every game, we'll go down.

While in the relegation season we had no one else to come in, seeing Jonas get picked ahead of Anita and Marveaux will be ridiculously depressing.

Jonas has been poor this season, but that is genuinely an insulting comparison.

Where abouts in Spain? A bit weird like.

He's just posted on my Sleazebook (my mate not Jonas!) - the original flight was to Amsterdam and he reckons that Jonas was then flying to Rome...........wasn't he linked with Roma last season?